Onlybeentenminutes (Introduction, hello!)

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
Onlybeentenminutes

Onlybeentenminutes (Introduction, hello!)

Post by Onlybeentenminutes »

Hiya there! :D
The name is Sam (Short for Samantha) I'm 17 and also a lady living in the good 'ol USA.
My main (witchy) interests are tarot cards, tea, and herbal remedies.
When it comes to likes, currently I've fallen prey once again to the evil that is Homestuck :shock: I'm also getting back into drawing.
I really really like world building (I'm not sure what else to call it? Basically just designing fantasy lands, their customs, their languages etc.)
I have an all consuming love for the ocean. A forbidden love it seems, though~ :anxious: (<< supposed to be crying but that's the closest thing I could find).

Things I dislike? Above all else: glitter. I'm not even joking. I have, for whatever reason, an overwhelming fear of glitter. The stuff really freaks me out, I'll freeze up if i get any on me.
And also, I can't stand food descriptions. Anyone else like that? I nearly failed an English class once because I refused to write a paper describing my breakfast in-depth.

My personality type, last time I checked, was INTP. I'd say I'm a fairly laid back person? Really I'm not too sure *how* I'd describe my personality :lol:

I'm hoping to learn and improve my craft through my time spent here smileylove
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Re: Onlybeentenminutes (Introduction, hello!)

Post by planewalker »

Greetings Gentle Being,

May you find the answers you seek,may your steps be sure and light.

Planewalker
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi there, and welcome.
I used to spend hours drawing fantasy maps, y'know, with the illustrations on the map, so I get the thrill. :)
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

I used to do this all the time and it's part of what lead me to dnd.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

Onlybeentenminutes...
So do you write a story to go along with the worlds
you create ??? That's my weak point when I write
stories !
I'm glad you found us here :)
we are a friendly bunch and always willing
to answer questions.
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Onlybeentenminutes

Post by Onlybeentenminutes »

MsMollimizz wrote: Onlybeentenminutes...
So do you write a story to go along with the worlds
you create ??? That's my weak point when I write
stories !
I'm glad you found us here :)
we are a friendly bunch and always willing
to answer questions.
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz

Yes! I do sortof write a story along with it. Currently I'm working on a pretty big project that started from smaller disconnected stories
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Pulling together the stories of an anthology can make for an interesting character study. I learned to GM, D&D the old fashioned way - Gygax and Blume taught me. I even have a copy of "Monsters and Treasure" with the Trool misprint. I learned with The Five Nations Game Club when they first started doing game expos at Lake Geneva. Pat Stevens, Jerry Sepyura, Tony LaBianco, Glen Lavarnway & myself learned in '76. Yeah! Some of us old timers are still running games out of the original 6 booklets - Men-at-Arms, Monster and Treasure, Wilderness Adventures (The First Three Booklets published in the boxed D&D Set) w/6 dice 4, 6, 8, 12 @ 2/10 siders. Add notebook of graph paper and imagination - original set. Grayhawk, Blachmore & Eldritch Wizardry Suppliments you had the greatest game ever. If the yellow 4, orange 6, green 8,
blue 12 and pink and white 10 siders, the white 10 sider with 1/2 the sides darkend with permanent marker, all the #'s drawn in as #'s - no dots on the six sider, you are in the presence of FRPG Royalty. We were taught by the pro's how to run a game. The approved card carring elite called "Game Master's". We were sure his name was Gygax because we had seen his little sisters license to prove it.

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”