Hello like-minded individual

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
Tyrande

Hello like-minded individual

Post by Tyrande »

I apologize if this is in any way not the general way of talking on this forum and/or for the length of this.

My name is Tyrande (20 years old from PA, USA) and it was just last week I stumbled upon Wicca. I was an Agnostic/Atheist- I always believed in something greater but never found a religion that made sense to me. It's a very lost feeling, to really believe in 'something' but have nothing to truly follow or be a part of.
Last week, I found Wicca. I am really touched on a spiritual level by what I've read and learned so far. The reason for this is because this religion makes sense to me. I feel that this is something I've always believed, but never found out about. It feels like I recognize these beliefs and rituals. This is why I am so drawn in wholeheartedly and have joined this forum. I want to learn more and hear of others' experiences/beliefs/ideas.
I stumbled upon Wicca last week by googling a new candle I bought from a crystal shop called "Heavenly Lights and Scents, Lighting your Journey Home!". My room just had a very tranquil feeling and I wanted to read about what ingredients made this candle so nice (have since learned it's actually a home-made candle from the PA region and not a company/line), and well, nothing popped up on google about the candle. Jokingly, I then googled "candle spells" and ta-da, Wicca pages.
While this may seem silly or insignificant I am so grateful I bought that candle. As it turns out, I actually own 2 books about Wicca handed down to me by my mother. They've never been touched by me and have been sitting on my bookshelf for years, blending in with the rest of the books I own. Until now.
I've always been interested in crystals, burning incense, journaling about my life, and astrology. On August 21st I had the privilege of seeing the total solar eclipse in Tennessee. By far it was the most incredible experience of my young life.
I really hope I'm not coming across as insane and really, truly, believe I've finally found what I've been looking for. I look forward to meeting other Wiccans on here and learning so many things. Thank you so much for reading this.
♡ ♡ ♡ Protect the Ocean, Protect the Land ♡ ♡ ♡
❃ Plant a tree ❃
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Hello like-minded individual

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi and warm welcome. I assure you that you make perfect sense.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Greetings Gentle Being,

Makes sense to me too. It sounds like this path has been waiting for you to find it for a while now. Welcome to a new way of looking at life. May your path be rewarding and your step be sure and light.

Planewalker
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hello Tyrande, and welcome to the forum! I love your username and avatar -- are you a Warcraft or WoW player? I grew up playing Warcraft 3, and now occasionally play WoW. I've always loved Tyrande Whisperwind's character! Funny thing is, when I was younger and playing Warcraft 3, I always thought to myself, "I really wish I could be part of a religion that worshipped a Moon Goddess and nature ..." Turns out I totally can!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Tyrande

Post by Tyrande »

Xiao Rong wrote:Hello Tyrande, and welcome to the forum! I love your username and avatar -- are you a Warcraft or WoW player? I grew up playing Warcraft 3, and now occasionally play WoW. I've always loved Tyrande Whisperwind's character! Funny thing is, when I was younger and playing Warcraft 3, I always thought to myself, "I really wish I could be part of a religion that worshipped a Moon Goddess and nature ..." Turns out I totally can!
Yes, I am a WoW player! Tyrande was always so special to me because to me she was the embodiment of being devoted to Elune (moon goddess). I was always so jealous of the night elves being able to live freely throughout nature, fighting to protect it, developing their druidic abilities, and always thanking/praising Elune. I know it's just a game but it really cool we had similar thoughts!
You wouldn't believe the amount of enthusiasm I had when I discovered that the name Tyrande has the same birth number as me. Also it has the same amount of syllables and the same first letter of my birth name, very exciting! :D
❃ Plant a tree ❃
Tyrande

Post by Tyrande »

Thank you so much to those who replied, I'm so glad that this is a judgement free zone.
❃ Plant a tree ❃
Rain Gnosis

Post by Rain Gnosis »

Welcome to the forum, it's great to meet you.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

I chime in also. So pleased that you have found the path Ye be a noble Spirit on a grand adventure. Namaste
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Pallando

Post by Pallando »

I almost never reply to introductions, so I dont know why I am doing this....
Wait, yes I do. Its because of your uncertainty. Its refreshing to me, and I want to reassure you.

You do not sound "silly or insignificant" and not in the least "insane" as you typed. To the contrary.

Yours is one of the most reasonable 'stumble intos' Ive ever read.

So... Im going to be uninvitedly forward with some words of advice.... I hope they are welcome, but either way I feel called upon by MotherFatherGod to share them, so I will. Take what you find useful, and leave the rest.

By a lot.... I mean every time the thought crosses your mind, dont question it or dismiss it. At least step out the door for a moment, and linger if it feels like it was the right thing to do. Trust your intuition... especially if it draws you closer to the elements. You are goddess... your intuition is 10X stronger than mine will ever be, and I have completely learned to trust mine.

Be a part of nature absolutely as often as possible. Touch it, smell it, look at it, sing to it, lay on it, run through it, dance with it, harvest it, eat and drink of it, be in it without reservation. Nature is your new cathedral, and its GLORIOUS.

Read a lot and listen to the wise, but trust your instinct MORE than any mortal's words. Your instinct is the FatherMotherGod speaking directly to you. Sometimes you will hear a shout, sometimes a murmur of a whisper. Listen.

PLAY... Play with your new religion. Dont take it too seriously or be afraid of it. It belongs to you and the particular facet of the FatherMotherGod that is currently touching you. It is private and it is very safe. There is nothing to fear. There is nothing to get wrong. Relax. Breath. Enjoy.

Commune with nature and with spirit. Pray, or meditate, or dance, or make offerings, or sing, or paint, or plant, or cook, or sew, or cast bones, or read cards, or make love, or journal, or volunteer... or all of the above, and make it part of your path if it makes you happy.

Experiment, Explore, Examine, Evaluate.... but do not let doing these things take precedent over just BEING. Spend a LOT of time practicing BEING who you are meant to be. There are an infinite number of ways to 'be' a wiccan. Try pieces of all of the 'normal' ways, and dont be afraid to dismiss what works perfectly for others, but doesnt work for you. Chances are that the best way (most of us call it your path) for you is absolutely unique to you. You will certainly share a vocabulary with us.... a number of methods, and lot of phrases, similar tools, habits, lore, rituals, and practices..... but when you hear from MotherFatherGod in the wordless language that they use.... pause, smile, know their words are sacred and meant for you... and just listen. You'll know. ..... ..... .... You already do.

Above all else, seek. Whatever it is that hearkens to your soul.... dont wait for it... seek it.
Be peaceful in your search. Enjoy the journey.
Be happy with each new step and each new discovery (there will be MANY)... but seek.

I hope I have been of some assistance, and dont hesitate to call upon me with questions, great or small.

--Pallando the Blue
Tyrande

Post by Tyrande »

Pallando wrote:I almost never reply to introductions, so I dont know why I am doing this....
Wait, yes I do. Its because of your uncertainty. Its refreshing to me, and I want to reassure you.

You do not sound "silly or insignificant" and not in the least "insane" as you typed. To the contrary.

Yours is one of the most reasonable 'stumble intos' Ive ever read.

So... Im going to be uninvitedly forward with some words of advice.... I hope they are welcome, but either way I feel called upon by MotherFatherGod to share them, so I will. Take what you find useful, and leave the rest.
This was exactly what I needed to hear.. Thank you so much for taking the time to write all of that down for me. I'll definitely be following your advice. This was so reassuring to hear and the only thing I can offer is a "thank you".
❃ Plant a tree ❃
Pallando

Post by Pallando »

Merry Meet, and Merry Part, Tyrande.
Blessed Be.

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”