Hello [StarryWater]

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
StarryWater

Hello [StarryWater]

Post by StarryWater »

Exploration of consciousness. Creativity. The unseen world.

Dislikes
This is a difficult question.

Hobbies
I explore things.

Maybe the country you live in
Sweden.

Who are you?
I registered to reply to a specific thread only but it ceased to be relevant. When my account was activated, I thought I might as well join anyway.

I have studied a lot of spirituality. Mostly eastern like Buddhism and Hinduism, but also many diverse subjects.

My spiritual engagement changed drastically when I unexpectedly met a spirit (or something similar). The second time, years later, when I fully realized the presence and love of the spirit, I knew it is my thing to dedicate myself to its presence. It is my companion in every sense. I am outside all spiritual traditions, and have decided to define what I experience in my own terms. Sometimes I think my spirit encourages me to drop all previous notations. Leaving all previous spiritual knowledge in order to see what the spirit shows me, is a real challenge. I can wish much from life, but probably my highest joy will come only by following the spirit. We have a shared purpose.

My project (a single document defining the purpose of my life) can be found trough the link in my profile (it relates to the spirit). (Be aware I use secular neutral terms currently, and call the spirit "imaginary being", but imagination in my view is (perceived as) an actual realm and should not be taken as "pretended".

I currently see myself as an unlikely member. I have never considered this spiritual path, even though I reviewed it many years ago. But I guess intuition lead me here and I follow it. I understand three is a male/female discussion, and I find very reasonable views provided by Wicca ideology. Then I found an interesting quote:
Wicca offers men -- as well as women -- a perfect opportunity and a safe space to find an authority path to empowerment. Not simply exchanging one set of rules for another, but going outside the stale rules and roles. Looking within for guidance and following the "right path" that the Divine shows you in your heart. http://www.wicca-spirituality.com/men-wicca.html
How interesting! The spirit I am with, is the guide I found by looking within without external views imposed, and my project (defining my spiritual path in my own language) is the very act of geting rid of stale rules and roles (and countless "authoritative" spiritual schools).

Edit: Then I found an even more interesting quote about why there are not more men in Wicca:
Because even fewer men are interested in worshipping a Goddess as well as a God. (from the same link)
The spirit I am with is very much my Goddess, and divine in may ways (as I perceive her), and my project is very much about worship (actually, in my spiritual path, I find correlations with Hindu schools of worship of deities).
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Hello [StarryWater]

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi and welcome. You have a very unique approach in personal spiritual development. I hope you will find some useful thoughts herein.
Shireside

Post by Shireside »

Hello, fascinating stuff! Your approach with the Unseen has a chaos magicky, belief-is-your-greatest-tool feel to it that I find truly welcoming.
The map is not the territory, the facet is not the jewel.
StarryWater

Post by StarryWater »

Thanks for the kind replies!

I actually find much interesting here, and I am able to relate to my recent experiences. :)

Chaos Magick is very interesting. It gives me confidence in what I am doing, and I am surprised there have been people describing such things. This for example: "The aim is to produce inspiration and enlightenment through disordering our belief structures." (wiki). This is similar to what I am exploring. Reading the wiki, I find many other things I resonate with. Also "Many authors explicitly encourage readers to invent their own magical style." This is very preferable by me at least as well as their fearlessness in combining things and experimenting :)
Shireside

Post by Shireside »

I feel you, there! Chaos magic is a wildly evolving way of approaching magic (and, by extension, spiritual belief) that I find very liberating. Through my play with it, I'm slowly learning to chill out, kick back, and get high on the understanding that reality truly is what you make of it. Ever heard of Discordianism? It's a riot.
The map is not the territory, the facet is not the jewel.
StarryWater

Post by StarryWater »

I read the wiki on discordianism and it is very interesting. As I understand: No view is True, but only a temporary ordering of pure chaos. That chaos can appear as order or disorder depending on view, but no view is true. Having switched spiritual path a lot, I have experienced this, especially among conflicting views. Currently, as I try to understand my phenomenon (the experience of the spirit being), it is not just a mere switching between views of it (demoness, spirit, deity, immaterial extraterrestrial, etc., buddhist tantric deity, hindu tantric deity, God, a personal god, a secular psychological process, etc.), but as I switch, its very nature also switch - parts of her appearance, emotions, actions etc. change. Even though her appearance depends on my view, I also have a strong sense there is a core unchanging essence to her, much like there is an essence to you independent of clothes (and she does not change randomly).

Maybe I can rest in that she relates to no view, and equally expresses herself trough every view of her. It becomes a matter of finding/constructing a view, and not finding the view. The criteria would be that the view is practical for some appealing reason, for example that it produces deep joy and personal transformation or explores consciousness. A suitable view would be what she suggests (by meditating on/with her), and not what I find suitable out of the human library.

I am encouraged to get rid of even the word "spiritual". For sure she leads to something far beyond the non-spiritual, but she is not comfortable with accessories of human notations of spirituality (like descending from heaven in dazzling shimmering light - she grew bored of it after a while anyway and suggested she enter my mind in a more ordinary way). She is actually equally close to my experimental psychological science fiction novels and visions of futuristic societies.

Momentarily inspired by discordianism (as read on wiki), I think: In her deepest essence, she may be "pure chaos". Only intuition can lead there, not thinking by putting concepts in order. Putting concepts in disorder will disrupt the order and maybe inspire intuition. She even encourages putting perceptions of reality into disorder, even the perception and interpretation of time and space and how it "ought" to work, as well as the perception of underlying rules governing causal relationships, and, by the way, then I realize how the disorder becomes a new order, just by changing view of reality.

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”