Why ravens?

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
Elfinstone

Why ravens?

Post by Elfinstone »

Hello people, I am just arriving at the world of EUTM and announcing to the membership of this.
I am currently residing on the coast of Oregon.
Born during the ending of witchcraft being illegal in the UK.
Male by accident of birth and would have by choice.
Dislikes include ignorant, violent, oppressive, intolerant people and generally all politicians.
Likes are genuine people all things positive.
Hobbies include, art, astronomy, historical reference work and listening to older people.
I find an affinity for things relating to both stregheria and basic traditional English witchcraft and do not discount anyone who is seeking the truth in their own way.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Why ravens?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi Elfinstone and welcome to the forum. Why ravens? Why not? :D
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Welcome. Ravens have an intrinsic role in the cultures of the Pacific Northwest. The Raven is the Guardian of Mt. Ranier, and I suspect, much of the volcanic chain that is Yellowstone National Park and the Cascades.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Elfinstone

Post by Elfinstone »

SnowCat wrote:Welcome. Ravens have an intrinsic role in the cultures of the Pacific Northwest. The Raven is the Guardian of Mt. Ranier, and I suspect, much of the volcanic chain that is Yellowstone National Park and the Cascades.

Snow
Hi Snow and Spirit. "Why Ravens" was a rhetorical poser. My use of this was to try to elicit various responses as the Raven or Ravens as the case may be, are of great import to many traditions around the world. I find them fascinating and steeped in lore, particularly Asatru. Perhaps I should continue this in a more appropriate forum here.
fieldmouse

Post by fieldmouse »

A friend of mine has 2 ravens (captive-bred, she lives in a country where they're non-native) and they're a joy to see play and interact. So intelligent. And so moody and jealous when their human is paying more attention to her friends!

I've been meaning to read Mind of the Raven by Bernd Heinrich. Looks like a great book for more insight into ravens and why we feel so connected to them.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

fieldmouse wrote:A friend of mine has 2 ravens (captive-bred, she lives in a country where they're non-native) and they're a joy to see play and interact. So intelligent. And so moody and jealous when their human is paying more attention to her friends!
Yes! They're very needy creatures. I adore ravens and would love to have one but for now I've got two pups who also happen to be very needy. Lol

Welcome to the forum Elfinstone! :fairy:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”