Tips on Astral Projection?

Aesiryth

Tips on Astral Projection?

Post by Aesiryth »

Merry meet,

So, lately I've been trying astral projection, but I found that it's really hard. For me at least, there are two issues. The first being staying awake; usually I try it late at night because that's when I have time and I always end up falling asleep. The second being I just can't seem to accomplish it. I've been using the method of imagining yourself pull on a rope hanging above you. So am I supposed to be imagining hands from my body pull on this rope? Or am I supposed to try and move my astral body/energy and pull on this rope? Also, does anyone have any tips on astral projecting?

-Aesiryth
"At the center of your being you have the answer;
You know who you are and what you want."

-Lao Tzu
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Tips on Astral Projection?

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'd use which ever imagery makes most sense to you and is easiest to maintain. Keep experimenting until something clicks.

I just put my awareness a few feet in front of my body, so I'm not between my ears and behind my eyes, but over "there" a few feet, and then the trick is to keep my awareness over there and not yo-yo. A kind of fierce, focussed determination eventually becomes habit. I think this is more remote viewing, i.e., not taking the whole astral body baggage along. What do you need the body for at this point? Travel light until you get the knack. :flyingwitch: Enjoy it.
Aesiryth

Post by Aesiryth »

Okay, thanks for the advice. I just have trouble like actually coming out. Like I can completely relax, become aware, make intentions, you know all that stuff. But when it comes to the actual projection, I just can't seem to physically do it. Maybe there's a blockage of belief mixed in there.
"At the center of your being you have the answer;
You know who you are and what you want."

-Lao Tzu
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Yea, the letting go moment is uncomfortable and scary, and feels like going belly up, or dropping in an elevator. When we can forget about the process, the steps, and just keep interested in the results, it helps.
jimhanoverfist

Post by jimhanoverfist »

Take a nap during the day, then when you try to go to sleep at night and can't then your ready. You just relax and you will enter a very light sleep, you start to dream but you are still self aware because the nap you took earlier gives you more mental alertness when you sleep for a second time. Once you become self aware in the sleep state you can go anywhere you wish just don't stray too far.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

A: it occurred to me the phrase you had used in your OP was that you"just couldn't physically do it"... Well, doh. Smack yourself on the forehead. It's not the physical body you want to enlist, but the energy body. If your thoughts are centered at any point of the physical body, you'll sick like Velcro.

JH: Now, why would you say don't stray too far? What's on your mind with that?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

[/quote]
Aesiryth wrote:Okay, thanks for the advice. I just have trouble like actually coming out. Like I can completely relax, become aware, make intentions, you know all that stuff. But when it comes to the actual projection, I just can't seem to physically do it. Maybe there's a blockage of belief mixed in there.
Oops,I see it was in your reply, not OP.
AllJet

Post by AllJet »

I've had some luck when sleeping in on weekends. I'm one of those people that, on a Saturday morning, will wake up at my usual time and then I have to make a conscious decision to either fall back asleep again, or stay awake. If you've ever slept in and you get to that point where you're really groggy (probably around 10 am) and you feel somewhere between being awake and being asleep, that's usually a perfect time to try. Like before you open your eyes and you can feel the heaviness of your limbs. When you catch yourself at that moment, try some techniques and see what happens.
You are the miracle you have been waiting for
LadyJupiter

Post by LadyJupiter »

I had the same issue until I began trying it in the morning hours. If you have to wake up at six, set an alarm for four or five. Wake up for a few minutes and it will be so much easier to project. I don't even have to use any methods, I can easily exit my body when doing this.. At least in my case. Good luck!
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Hello, LadyJupiter.
Please stop by the top section of the forum and introduce yourself. Thank you!

Return to “Advanced Witchcraft”