Handfasting

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
jonny_2690

Handfasting

Post by jonny_2690 »

Hi everyone,

has anyone performed a handfasting ceremony or seen one done, i am really interested in what this ceremony entails
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

I haven't seen one, but many pagan books describe them in pretty good detail.
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
jonny_2690

Post by jonny_2690 »

all the books ive looked in havent got much detail on it, hence the reason i asked 0n here
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

have you looked it on on google.com? *is a googleaholic* i have read some things about it and considered doing it myself, but i am still in the closet and i wouldnt put my family threw that ....i dont need to hear your going to hell one more time.

~Addalaide
Merry Part
~Addalaide
Elem

Post by Elem »

[One very quick search on Google later..]

You might want to try here :)

http://www.handfasting.info/

Not sure whether that helps.. Good luck!

Elem
Irisis Cada-Merrell

Post by Irisis Cada-Merrell »

You should get some kind of award, Elem, your posts are always majorly helpful. yay!
[pixiedust]

Post by [pixiedust] »

I actually just attended my cousins handfasting it was taken place in her bck garden she lives in a very rural place...The expirence was really lovely especially when they jumped over the broomstick at the end.And when they said there vows to each other awwww
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

My fiance and I are getting handfasted in spring 2008. A book I was recommended to get, and I really enjoy it so far, is 'Handfasted and Heartjoined - Lady Maeve Rhea'. You can get it through Chapters or Amazon easily.
naudica

Post by naudica »

If no one minds could someone tell me what a handfasting ceremony is? :oops:
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Handfasting is (in short) a magickal rite used to bind to people in a 'marriage' like pact for a specific amount of time. Sometimes it's used as a type of engagement, where they are handfasted for a year to 'try it on', other times the time specified is 'as long as we have love for eachother'.
naudica

Post by naudica »

Sounds fun. But my marriage is arranged. Could you still do it?
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

That depends on you, your fiance, and your family.

There's a really good book about it called 'Handfasted and Heartjoined' by Lady Maeve Rhea. It'll help you and your fiance decide if it's the right path for you.

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”