Dating - Coming Out? Help?

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
Autumn Jewel

Dating - Coming Out? Help?

Post by Autumn Jewel »

Ok, I hope I'm posting this in the right place, so here it goes.

I'm thinking about joining a dating website again. I did so about 7 years ago, went through an 8 month sorta long distance (2 hour drive) relationship. We had different wants and needs so we mutually called it off. Anyway, I haven't dated since, and have been quite happy being single and my own person. But lately I've been feeling like I need to start looking for Mr. Right again. But if I'm going to do this, being a witch is not something I want to hide for the rest of my life. On the other hand, it's not something easily acceptable. People are more open to being atheism than witchcraft and Wicca. I don't want to waste my time going on 1 or 2 dates, then telling them I'm a witch just to have them not understand and call it off. How do I go about doing this? Please help?
"And those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music."

Someone told me to stop living in a fantasy land.
I nearly fell off my unicorn.
Ivy

Re: Dating - Coming Out? Help?

Post by Ivy »

Does being a witch make you different from other daters? Ask yourself some tough questions about what you expect. Do you look different, act different, do you carry a broom and wear a pointy hat? How deep are your beliefs?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

It could be that a compatible gentleman of the pagan persuasion is feeling a similar pull about Mrs. Right. That might be part of why you're getting nudges. I was open with my husband from the beginning. That might not work for everyone. Have you looked for pagan oriented dating sites and activities? I probably should have looked back at your intro, but are you herbally or plant oriented? A gardening club, other interstate appropriate club might be a good place to meet someone. I haven't dated in many years. I'm not current on the protocol.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

My husband and I met online, on a site catering to horse people. I wanted someone with compatible interests. I went out with several that didn't work out. I took a subtle approach. I said I am spiritual but not religious, which is accurate because I am not in any organized religion. I only went out with guys who chose that designation as well.

Once I met my future husband and knew I'd found someone of interest, we talked about our spiritual beliefs. I opened up slowly, over several discussions, revealing more each time. He was very receptive. While he is not a witch, he is a pagan. Our beliefs are very compatible.
Myrth
Autumn Jewel

Post by Autumn Jewel »

Ivy wrote:Does being a witch make you different from other daters? Ask yourself some tough questions about what you expect. Do you look different, act different, do you carry a broom and wear a pointy hat? How deep are your beliefs?
All great questions. I think I really need to do a serious mediation and write down all my thoughts.
SnowCat wrote:It could be that a compatible gentleman of the pagan persuasion is feeling a similar pull about Mrs. Right. That might be part of why you're getting nudges. I was open with my husband from the beginning. That might not work for everyone. Have you looked for pagan oriented dating sites and activities? I probably should have looked back at your intro, but are you herbally or plant oriented? A gardening club, other interstate appropriate club might be a good place to meet someone. I haven't dated in many years. I'm not current on the protocol.

Snow
Sadly no, I'm not in any gardening clubs, nor do I know where there is one around here. I'm not much of a green thumb. Quite the opposite actually. I tend to be a plant killer.
Myrth wrote:My husband and I met online, on a site catering to horse people. I wanted someone with compatible interests. I went out with several that didn't work out. I took a subtle approach. I said I am spiritual but not religious, which is accurate because I am not in any organized religion. I only went out with guys who chose that designation as well.

Once I met my future husband and knew I'd found someone of interest, we talked about our spiritual beliefs. I opened up slowly, over several discussions, revealing more each time. He was very receptive. While he is not a witch, he is a pagan. Our beliefs are very compatible.

I think I'll look into seeing what kinds of sites are out there, instead of just the well know ones. But I think i will just stick with the spiritual but not religious option. And slowly open up later.

Thank you everybody.
"And those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music."

Someone told me to stop living in a fantasy land.
I nearly fell off my unicorn.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I could most likely kill an artificial plant. If you're interested in crystals, you might check out rock and mineral shows and sites. Someone is out there.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Aren't there pagan dating sites?
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds