I am really bummed out.

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
HopefulChild

I am really bummed out.

Post by HopefulChild »

This doesn't happen to me often, but I am seriously down in the dumps.

I'm starting to consider if someone has taken an interest in making my life unpleasant. I usually discount that kind of stuff as the "easy" answer that people want because they don't want to face the realities caused by their own actions or inaction.

Basically, the company where I worked was shut down by the parent company. This was a real surprise. Hit me hard. Wiped out my savings, retirement, everything.

We have been surviving, but I have had no success in finding work similar to what I used to do. I know the formula about time and unemployment, and this goes past that in my opinion. I really feel like I'm black listed somehow with bigger companies. I get contacted A LOT, and then it never makes it past the phone interview.
I've done practice interviews, gone to my local unemployment office and taken interviewing classes, and done mock interviews. None of the coaches has had much to offer, they all said I interview fine and even really well in a lot of categories where people have trouble.

I always leave my interviews feeling like things went great! And then I get shot down shortly there after.

My personal project is moving forward but. I have this overwhelming sense of anxiety that I'm going to put in all this effort and time and nothing is going to come of it, and worse than that, that my family has put faith in me and they are giving me time and space to work on this, and it will be a waste of their time and faith in me.

I feel like people just decide, out of the blue, that I am untrustworthy, or a BS artist or conman of some kind. And I don't get it.
I make a real effort in my life to be honest, open, and keep things as simple as I can. I'm not a good liar.
I don't even know why that seems important. But it does.

I'm frustrated. And stressed, and this pity party will pass like so many other things.

I just wanted to vent.

I'm going to do some protection work, and try to meditate. See if that helps. I am excited that I have my own Sage smudge that I made from my own sage and rolled, bound, and dried myself. That should be ready about now. That'll be cool. Do some ritual work with the first herbs I've done myself.

I also have some dried Musk Thistle, but I don't know what to use it for. Maybe use it for backlash...those thorns are painful and if this is someone screwing with me, I'd be perfectly giving them a swift jab in the ribs with musk thistle to let them know to leave me the hell alone.

Who knows.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: I am really bummed out.

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I can absolutely relate you right now. Last year, I was transferred from the school I had been teaching at for 2 years to another school in the district. Without going into a ton of detail, my old school was way better and there are so so so many downfalls, for me anyways, about my new school and position I'm just miserable. I had no say in the matter and had to move if I wanted to keep my job, so I did. I've gone through some depression about it off and on since then. So much so, that I had to finally get a new tattoo to try to help bring me out of my funk. I got "This too shall pass" on my wrists. I got it to remind me that the time is ever changing. If you feel like you're in a poor situation, don't give up. Don't become depressed about it, sooner or later time will pass and things will get better. The same goes for the other way around. If you're very happy and satisfied with something in your life, don't take it for granted. Cherish it! Because tomorrow, things could change and it could all be gone. I know it doesn't make time go any faster, and bring the good times around any quicker, but it helps me remember that it isn't permanent.

I'm sorry you lost your job. I've also had that happen to me and it sucks! I hope some really great opportunity comes your way soon!

Rosie
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

I can relate. My DH and I are older professionals. We both lost our jobs during the Great Recession. We both had interviews. Always, the jobs were filled by younger people. I am younger than my DH, by the way, but still old enough to apparently be the target of age discrimination.

Finally I did an abundance spell. Not long after, I got my dream job. I continued to do abundance work, and my DH got a good job where his experience was valued.

I don't know your age or other circumstances but I wonder if there is some form of discrimination going on with you as well. Best wishes.

Namaste.
Myrth
Thitabe

Post by Thitabe »

Doing the meditation and cleansing spell work is a great idea, but be mindful of your thoughts, words and actions. Remember negative words will cause negative affects. A good example I use is saying I will be on time for work rather than saying I don't want to be late for work. Both sentences are positive, but using a negative word will change the second sentence because negative energy travels through the universe at a slower pace so in the second example what the universe gets is I want to be late for work. Remember a negative and a positive always make the solution negative.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

You will get through this. You will land a position that's a good fit.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hey...how ya feeling today?
Is this an opportunity in disguise? You know the phrase...when a door closes a window opens.
Maybe it is time to change the course?
I haven't been able to change it up from being a florist, when it's what you know....and love, then what?
I also had a boss that called me out as being a witch to complete strangers and I suspect he has talked to other local florists, as it seems no one needs my help on the holidays.
Anywho...am thinking about you and sympathize with your difficult situation. Sending light.
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Everyone gets stuck in a rut every now and then. Just renew and refresh your complete surroundings with the cleansing. Out with the old, in with the new. Meditate and try to get yourself into a positive mindset. As far as your interviews, you could do some prosperity work.
Hoping for the best for you. :fairy:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
HopefulChild

Post by HopefulChild »

I still haven't gotten around to doing a cleansing, or protective work.

I did get the studio office reconfigured and was able to carve out a space to set up my wife's altar.
My altar is part of my workbench in the garage, so I always have a place to escape and do work and all my implements are set and no one really messes with them. My wife has been without a space for 4 years now so it's been on my list to make a space for her. That's been set up since Friday but she hasn't had a chance to do anything in there either.

I made her a space in the garage like mine. The garage is neither heated, nor cooled, and it is full of powertools and projects so it wasn't working for her. She appreciated the effort though.

3 more rejections in the last week. I have a phone interview tomorrow.

My wife keeps telling me that I'm not finding a job because of the animation project. If I succeed even a little bit in the animation project, then it will obviously be worth it. But I can't sit back and listen to her talk about how stressed out she is at her job and how much she wants to leave her job and not feel guilty about it.

So it's like that. I need to be there for her, but in so doing I feel guilty and almost ashamed like I'm supposed to be the one working someplace I hate so that she doesn't have to.

I'm not bummed out anymore at least. My project is going better than I am willing to admit. Like I'm almost afraid to acknowledge that I can almost see a date on the calendar when I can launch the first episode and it's not an overly optimistic date. I'm not viewing the calendar through rose colored glasses. A few people have asked me about the animation festival for 2016 and when I told them my concept they got really excited and were very supportive and since one of the people I was telling it to is a Hoop Dancer, when she understood the concept she wanted to help with recording some dance routines that I could use for animation references. So it's really outstanding that people want me to succeed, and they enjoy my ideas and keep encouraging me. It's just difficult to justify it in my mind.

I'm fighting a bit of force fed bigotry on my end. I'm an egalitarian and it fits and works with my beliefs as Male and Female partners support each other. The hunter and the gatherer are not gender roles in my view but roles as defined by the individual with the greatest opportunity at the moment. I know my wife agrees with me, because she is the one that suggested she go back to work full time while I try to launch a studio. And one step beyond that, I'm super lucky to have an investor and mentor helping me start it by buying hardware and software and giving me advice and financial support.
At the same time members of my own family continue to make belittling comments about masculinity and "getting a real job" so that my wife doesn't have to be the man of the house.
And that sucks.
It's very deflating. No amount of success will suffice until the success is monetary, and it creates a situation where I'm making the most money in the household.
And that just sucks.

Money is a hammer. And I'm not obsessed with hammers. I'm obsessed with what I can create. I don't want to create more hammers. I want to use the hammers that I need to create the vision I have. If people see it, and want to give me some more hammers so that I can make my next vision real...Awesome. But I'm not trying to create a hammer making machine. Does that make sense? lol
Does that really sound so childish or selfish?

A guy I work with at the catering company part time told me that I have all the proof I need to know I'm doing the right thing.
I didn't get it but I appreciated that he was trying to be supportive. He guessed that I didn't understand and asked me if I had ever read anything about why "haters are important". I said no and he told me to look it up, but the short version is that Haters of all walks of life are like a metric for measuring your success. Even if you don't know it, you have haters.
The more you DO and the further outside of the box you get, the more haters you get. And then you get the loud haters, the ones that tell you to your face that you aren't going to succeed and that what you are doing is stupid.
He said that's the tell. As you grow outside the box that normal people are too afraid and too self conscious to escape, they can see you doing it, and they get jealous and they hate on you.
So you have to pay attention because your haters are an important indicator.

It's ROUGH though.
I appreciate all the kind thoughts and words. Like I said. It was a little pity party. It's on it's way out. The biggest difference is that for 2 days I wore my talisman, and I noticed that I started to feel more like myself and less like there was a doom cloud hanging over me. So I'll have to remember that as well.

Thanks to everyone.
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

People who stereotype hunter gatherer roles forget that women hunt and men gather too. They forget that some archeologists believe women invented farming. And they forget that our species has evolved a bit from those beginnings. I am glad to see you have an egalitarian mindset. Don't let those with stereotypical mindsets get you down. Your friend is right about the haters.

But rather than think you should be the one with a job you hate, think about doing abundance work with your wife so that she can move into work she enjoys? So that you can do work that you enjoy?
Myrth
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Myrth wrote:People who stereotype hunter gatherer roles forget that women hunt and men gather too. They forget that some archeologists believe women invented farming. And they forget that our species has evolved a bit from those beginnings. I am glad to see you have an egalitarian mindset. Don't let those with stereotypical mindsets get you down. Your friend is right about the haters.

But rather than think you should be the one with a job you hate, think about doing abundance work with your wife so that she can move into work she enjoys? So that you can do work that you enjoy?
Off topic: From what I recall reading, the pre-agricultural gender roles were not as static and humanity was egalitarian. They worked less too. Agricultural divided us for a number of reasons, such as labor.

Sorry, I am kinda nerdy and just wanted to say that. :tongue:
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
HopefulChild

Post by HopefulChild »

It's not nerdy it's just reality.

We need to teach the history of organized religion as part of standard US education in middle school and high school.
World religious history needs a year of it's own, somewhere around 7'th or 8'th grade.

If the mass populace really understood the ramifications of what the monotheist religions actually accomplished in a relatively short period of time...people would come away from school with a comprehensive concept of religious tolerance.
HopefulChild

Post by HopefulChild »

I want to thank everyone.

I got the job. I am now gainfully employed with real "grown up" pay instead of just being a bartender on the side for weddings and such.

Being mildly paranoid as I am, I'm not giving up the bartending just cutting back my hours there, until I get into the routine of the new company.

Based on our projected income and how things are going financially currently my wife and I decided we could afford a new car and so we went car shopping and got a "new to us" 2013 Mazda 5. My wife is very excited and she loves the new car very much. I'm very happy that she gets to ride around in something she really likes.
I'll keep driving my old jeep until the wheels fall off lol. Which humorously enough, while doing the brakes on the jeep this week I discovered the UV joint on the front axle is worn out and about to break, which would literally allow the wheel to fall off LOL. But now that I've seen it, I can fix it. So ol'Jeepy will keep going for the foreseeable future.
Becks

Post by Becks »

Congratulations!
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

Congrats!!!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Thanks for the update, good to hear when things are working out
HopefulChild wrote:I'll keep driving my old jeep until the wheels fall off lol. Which humorously enough, while doing the brakes on the jeep this week I discovered the UV joint on the front axle is worn out and about to break, which would literally allow the wheel to fall off LOL. But now that I've seen it, I can fix it. So ol'Jeepy will keep going for the foreseeable future
don't you love cars that can be worked on without hooking up to the computer monitor? Blessed be Jeepy ::coolglasses::
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”