Curanderismo: Traditional Medicine (Free course!)

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
Shub Niggurath

Curanderismo: Traditional Medicine (Free course!)

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Hey,

A friend of mine just shared with me this link to a free online course hosted by University of New Mexico, teaching about Curanderismo. So I thought I'd share it with all of you - maybe some of you are interested as well. I already signed up :)
This online course will provide information on the history, traditions, rituals, herbs and remedies and video demonstrations of Curanderismo, a folk healing tradition of the Southwestern United States, Latin America and Mexico. The course will be divided up into thematic modules such as traditional plants, body cupping, traditional massage, juice therapy, energetic cleansings, laugh therapy, shawl alignments, and the traditional Mexican sweatlodge. The course will discuss the effectiveness of traditional medicine in order to meet the needs of many people, especially the uninsured. The thematic modules will consist of a short video with a well-known healer followed by a short quiz.
Curanderismo: Traditional Medicine - you can sign up here. The course is for free and starts in 8 days. Can't wait! :D

What do you guys think about it? Anyone signing up with me? :>

(P.S. I'm not sure if I posted this in a right category so let me know if it needs to be moved.)
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Curanderismo: Traditional Medicine (Free course!)

Post by Xiao Rong »

Ooh, it's on Coursera! I have only visited the Southwest once, but sure, what the heck, I'll sign up! (no guarantees I'll actually listen to the lectures in a timely manner, though -- this month is going to be a busier month for me at work)
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

This actually sounds right up my alley for something I've been looking to do! I've been wanting to branch out into some kind of healing/medicinal area so I'll totally sign up! How long does the course last? I won't have any issues finishing it, I don't think, if it's done before my college semester starts. :D
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

It says that this session will last Aug 18th - Oct 13th and estimated time needed is 10 hours per week (I'm guessing most of that time is for personal practice and reading additional articles etc., cause the videos and quizes themselves should be short). I'm not sure if I'll have enough time for it myself but I just can't say "no" to free knowledge! :D
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I'll find a way to make it work. Haha. That's going to be harder times there, because it's the first two months of the semester but.... I will MAKE IT WORK. Because you're right, FREE knowledge on something I've been wanting to know. Haha! Thank you! (:
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

And I'm all signed up. (:

Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Yay, so there's at least three of us! We can share thoughts and experiences once it starts! smiley_dance
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Yes! And help each other out if need be, with understanding the material. Study buddies unite! Woohoo! Haha. (:

Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Count me in! I am currently in college for my B.A. in Alternative/Complimentary medicine so this would be a perfect addition to my studies. Thanks! I'm gonna go sign up. :fairy:
Alura Noel

Post by Alura Noel »

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing the link with us. I signed up for the course too, so excited. :)
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Great! I'm glad more people are signing up!
Now we have a solid group to discuss the whole course and help eachother. Awesome :)
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Levitating Cat wrote:Great! I'm glad more people are signing up!
Now we have a solid group to discuss the whole course and help eachother. Awesome :)
This is gonna be so much fun! I'm really excited lol.
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Hey hey!
Just a reminder - the Curanderismo course started yesterday (I forgot myself, haha) and there are already two videos to watch. I don't know about you but I didn't get any e-mail notification myself so I thought I'll remind you guys as well :)
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Levitating Cat wrote:Hey hey!
Just a reminder - the Curanderismo course started yesterday (I forgot myself, haha) and there are already two videos to watch. I don't know about you but I didn't get any e-mail notification myself so I thought I'll remind you guys as well :)
Oh no I missed it lol. I thought it was set to start in Sept. I didn't even get a reminder email lol. Thank you for the head's up!
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Pinkpower, you can still sign up for the course anytime before the course ends, so it's not too late!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”