Learning about energy

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
Feather_Rainbow

Learning about energy

Post by Feather_Rainbow »

Hi. I have had a look to see if I could see any other posts that could help me with my question but I couldn't see any. If there are some, please feel free to point me in the right direction.
I was wondering if anyone could help me or advise me.

I was looking to start working with energies. Where would the best place place to start if I wanted to learn how to feel or see energy? (I'm not actually sure if you can see energy or not?!) are there any sort of exercises I can practice to help this?

Thanks,
Feather_Rainbow
wiccachic

Re: Learning about energy

Post by wiccachic »

Are you talking about Auras?
Feather_Rainbow

Well I suppose I would like to learn about those too. But people talk about being able to feel their own energy and use it. Also being able to gain energy from the likes of the moon or other things. Maybe someone with a bit of experience might be able to understand what I'm trying to get at and explain to me how to start this.
Ula

Post by Ula »

Start with grounding. If you can be outside it's good but inside is ok. Imagine roots growing from your feet into the ground. Imagine drawing up energy in the earth comming up the roots and into your body. Pull it up to the top of you head. When your done let it go back down into the earth. Here's a mediation on grounding you can do too.

http://witchcraft.libsyn.com/lesson_2_a ... g_exercise
Feather_Rainbow

Thank you very much Ula. I'm glad somebody was able to understand my vague explanation. :s
Will this help me to learn how to feel my own energy? (sorry if my questions aren't making sense. I'm trying to ask questions on a topic I know very little about.) The reason I ask this is because I'm not sure how to go about tapping into my own energy and how it can be used. I apologise profusely for the vague descriptions in these posts. I really am hoping someone will understand what I'm trying to get at.

Love and peace!
Ula

Post by Ula »

Yes it will. There are other lessons on building energy as well but this is like the level one. You an also try rubbing your hands together and imagine the energy building into a ball or hold your hands over a glass of water and imagine little bolds of energy coming from your hands into the water. Add some salt and charge it up as a holy water to clean your altar space with. You'll get to where you'll feel it. It just takes sometime.
Feather_Rainbow

Thank you very much for your help. I'm glad someone was able to make sense of my ramblings.

I'll give these a try and let you know the outcome.

Thank you again!
Feather_Rainbow

OK, so I think I may be getting this energy thing sussed. I was meditating last night and I think it was the best meditation i've ever done. It was weird, like I had a tingly feeling all over my body. But there was like a slight ringing in my ears which wasn't there when I started. And I also had a strange sensation at the top of my head. I can't really explain it.
I also tried rubbing my hands together. I think I started to feel the energy in my palms.
I feel so pleased that I'm making progress. smileydance

Feather_Rainbow
Ula

Post by Ula »

Feather_Rainbow wrote:OK, so I think I may be getting this energy thing sussed. I was meditating last night and I think it was the best meditation i've ever done. It was weird, like I had a tingly feeling all over my body. But there was like a slight ringing in my ears which wasn't there when I started. And I also had a strange sensation at the top of my head. I can't really explain it.
I also tried rubbing my hands together. I think I started to feel the energy in my palms.

Feather_Rainbow
There is a chakra on the top of your head called the crown chakra. It has to do with the spirit and the universe. Sounds like you are getting it down. Glad it's working.
Feather_Rainbow

Ula wrote:
Feather_Rainbow wrote:OK, so I think I may be getting this energy thing sussed. I was meditating last night and I think it was the best meditation i've ever done. It was weird, like I had a tingly feeling all over my body. But there was like a slight ringing in my ears which wasn't there when I started. And I also had a strange sensation at the top of my head. I can't really explain it.

Feather_Rainbow
There is a chakra on the top of your head called the crown chakra. It has to do with the spirit and the universe. Sounds like you are getting it down. Glad it's working.
Wow. I never thought about the crown chakra. That makes sense with what I was feeling. Does this mean I was opening my crown chakra and what does opening it do? Can you open other chakras?
Now I just need to keep up practising.
Thanks Ula.
Ula

Post by Ula »

Yeah meditating is supposed to open and align the chakras I think? Opening them is an energy and balance thing. Like doing Tai Chi to get your energy to be flowing. I think the crown chakra is about being open to the universe and connection to the cosmos? I don't know too much about them but it sounds good. I try to imagine each one opening when I am meditating.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Ula's ideas are good ones. I was going to mention your hands as well. There are lots of good videos on YouTube that demonstrate techniques you can use that will help you feel the energy inside your body. They are going to be similar to what Ula told you about, but it might help to actually follow along as an expert shows you what to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMB-dt6DvJM

There are a lot of videos that show you how to make a chi (ki) ball. Here's one of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOh0PwnUCCE&feature=related

Another technique, once you have learned to feel the energy in your own body, is to go outside in nature and sit up against a tree or on a rock next to a waterfall or by the river or somewhere like that and go into a meditative state and let the energy of the tree/rock/water run through your body. It's very relaxing, and if you open yourself to it you may be able to receive messages from the Earth and the elements.

One really helpful technique that I keep meaning to share on my website but I keep forgetting so I'll say it here, is this one that I figured out spontaneously one night. I may have also read it in a book previous to that so "figuring it out" may be the wrong way to put it. But it was the first time I thought to use it and it really worked. Once I'm in a meditative state, instead of doing what I used to do, which was to basically ask God/dess to come into me (what Christians typically do), I actually imagine that my soul is rising up into the sky and merging with the Goddess where She is.

If you consider the idea that we are all little portions of the Goddess' energy and that she is experiencing the physical world through our bodies, then it's not much of a stretch to imagine that we could merge our little spirits back into the larger Whole in order to get re-energized or to become more closely connected with the Goddess.

So the basic technique is this - imagine that your soul is stretching out from your body. It goes up into the air above your head (above your house) where it connects with the Spirit of the Goddess who is hanging out in the sky. Tell yourself, "I am God/dess" and imagine that you ARE the Goddess the in the sky, because spiritually-speaking, you are. It's just a matter of experiencing yourself as such.

Some people are able to live in this state permanently, but for most of us it's enough to feel it periodically and we aren't willing to devote our entire lives to trying to remain in that state of heightened awareness or ecstasy (that's really difficult to do for humans). But it's definitely possible to experience an ecstatic state of consciousness if you can merge with the Goddess.

It seems like if you merge your spirit with the Earth (the ground), you become more "grounded" as Ula mentioned, meaning your spirit becomes more firmly connected to your physical body. This is good for correcting feelings of ADD, dissociation, general dreaminess, and anxiety.

But if you merge your spirit with the Sky, you feel lighter and more free, which is more of an ecstatic state. This isn't a state that's conducive to everyday activities, but it feels freakin' awesome. sm177
Feather_Rainbow

Ok guys, I'm going to ask for a bit of help.
I've been meditating for 15 - 20 mins for the past few nights. I breathe in through my nose, out through my mouth but there comes to a certain stage where suddenly my head, and my face especially, become tingly. Like pins and needles tingly. Each time, I never stop breathing in through my mouth and out through my nose. WHen I get up after, I'm very unstable on my feet.

Why does this happen?

Thanks for your help.
Ula

Post by Ula »

Feather_Rainbow

Sorry Ula but I'm not able to access that link until later on this evening. I tried getting it to run on my phone but it won't work.

I was wondering if you could maybe tell me if you think I was doing it wrong, or why you think it may have happened?

Anyone else with advice, please feel free to give your own opinions.

Thanks, Feather_Rainbow

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”