Witches Runes & Making My Own

Discussion of runes.
Diurnal

Witches Runes & Making My Own

Post by Diurnal »

I want to make my own runes, however when looking through Google results for the symbols, I came across two different sets. Could someone help me understand the difference?
And, more personally, which do you prefer? I'm thinking I like the 2nd one, but I'm so incredibly new at this I'd like to hear some opinions first.

In the meantime I'm going to collect some stones from the local forest. :)

Thank you so much in advance!

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Witches Runes & Making My Own

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think the set you use should be the one with the meanings you relate to. You can invent a sigil of your own when needed.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

I agree with ST.

The runes you pick should resonate with you. Just like tarot or pendulums, they should call to you.
Painting them on stones is a terrific idea.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I personally use the second set and I feel incredibly connected to them. I also made my own runes and this way I find I built the connection from the start.

I also think ST is absolutely spot on - you work with what you feel is right for you. Good luck and we'll be waiting for a reading thread in the "Free readings" section ;)
Coven

Post by Coven »

I use the second set 13 runes
I bought some Lapis lazuli runes from Amazon ~ they are magic and I connected with them immediately
I also bought the book on Amazon

I was also thinking of making my own ~ you can but blank stones on AliExpress ~ maybe even on Temu but I haven't checked Temu for them yet

I prefer stone ~ so I was thinking blank stones and a dremel would do the job

you can buy the actual runes on AliExpress and temu for cheaper than Amazon ~ not sure what quality they are ~ I just found them on amazon first

:-|
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I feel that some of the best tools are the ones you make yourself. All your effort and energy goes into the making of the item ie: your blood, sweat and tears.
and really, personally I would not purchase blank stones, unless they were a semi-precious like amythest or rose quartz, but those stones will go through several Dremel bits before you could complete a set, as quartzes are pretty hard. See if you have a local stone, like at the beach or lakeside, where you could hand select and choose ones that are relatively all the same shape. There is great satisfaction in creating a personal magical tool.
bb, F.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Coven

Post by Coven »

you have all the precious stones to choose from

I like them because of uniformity ~ I don't want to learn which rune is which because they are shaped different

they are all the same size and shape Uniformity

example
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568052 ... pt=glo2usa

The reason I posted a link is because a lot of times you can't find what you're searching for on AliExpress ,
you have to hang out and make wishlists and then stuff starts showing up in your recommendations.
If you can't find it by searching , that doesn't mean it's not there , their search just doesn't always search right.

When I bought my runes I was looking for uniformity and stone , I didn't think that they would be any less special because I didn't make them myself . I just thought about how much energy was put into the whole process of them being created and manufactured and I realized how much hard work that they helped me out with by making them for me and I was right , they are magic , I really don't think I could have made them any more magic than they already are .

I'm really busy and really pressed for time , it's a blessing that someone already made perfect runes for me . It was a big help with my busy schedule .
Coven

Post by Coven »

Witch's Runes: How to Make and Use Your Own Magick Stones By Susan Sheppard.

The book is good , I like it .

Return to “Runes”