Rune Basics

Discussion of runes.
Zili

Rune Basics

Post by Zili »

I bought a book for reading runes last night and I already have several sets because I was making them to sell (I need to get them listed in my shop) and I was given a wooden set. Well I was at the local book store looking in the new age section and until last night I was leary of using runes because I've been a natural with tarot out of nowhere I just felt like I'm supposed to start using runes too. So since I'm starting out does anyone have any advice?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rune Basics

Post by Firebird »

There is a book by Diana Paxon called "Taking up the Runes" I highly recommend it....
We did a study group and took 2 runes a week to examine, the book takes you through these studies and there is some really cool meditations associated with each Rune, but you really need at least one other person (so they can read you the meditation)
Sounds like fun Zili...let us know how you do with them.
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

I pulled a rune a day and mediated on them. I am now getting ready to start pulling them and writing a poem for each one. I'm not good at poems but all things Norse end up with some poetry attached to them.
Zili

Post by Zili »

the book I bought last night is called A practical guide to the runes by lisa peschel. hoping it will be useful it looks that way which is why I got it.

Holdasown if you need help with the poetry let me know I earned a creative writing minor with my history degree.
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

I agree with both Firebird and Holdasown. I bought the book by Diana Paxon too. I enjoyed her interpretations of the runes very much. Like Holdasown said, pulling a rune a day helps so much.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Zili wrote:the book I bought last night is called A practical guide to the runes by lisa peschel. hoping it will be useful it looks that way which is why I got it.

Holdasown if you need help with the poetry let me know I earned a creative writing minor with my history degree.
I just might. I am just no good at it.
ratfool

Post by ratfool »

Lol after 3 years of study I only just begun
What I didn't understand at first is they are not just
Divination they are a magical discipline. So give yourself
Time

Marlene
Zili

Post by Zili »

I misplaced my rune bag shortly after posting this so I haven't worked with my runes in a while. But my tarot readings are getting better.

Return to “Runes”