Is REM during Meditation possible?

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Vervain

Is REM during Meditation possible?

Post by Vervain »

I've done some searching online and have found a few other confused souls like myself, but I couldn't even properly tell if they were experiencing the same thing as me.

What happened is... I had tried to meditate many times before and kind of just gave up on the whole idea until it occurred to me the day before yesterday to try a guided meditation. So I went to Youtube and searched for guided meditations, and tried one by Lilian Eden meant to help the listener meet their Spirit Guide.

Well, it definitely worked, if you need help meditating I STRONGLY recommend her videos, my experiences so far have been AMAZING--but that is a story for another time. However, something I noticed, during the middle/end of the meditation (the whole process was about an hour long), was that my eyes behind their lids were moving around, seemingly independent of each other, in short, fast, jerky movements, quite like I think REM is. This was not a conscious movement, I was not controlling it, I was powerless to stop it without breaking trance, it wasn't at all unpleasant, it just seemed rather curious to me, because I had never heard of such a thing.

Is it possible to go into REM while you are still awake but in a meditative trance state? Or was this something else? And if it was something else... what?
Hunter

Re: Is REM during Meditation possible?

Post by Hunter »

Ty for the video ima try that tonight!! I have horrible adhd so its hard to concentrate sometimes so I believe this will help alot and im having the same eye movement as you so im curious as well!
Altairtigris

Re: Is REM during Meditation possible?

Post by Altairtigris »

I tried this video and it was very good. I'll be using it again. But I also got rem, I found it a bit disturbing to be honest and had to keep squeezing my eyes shut tight to make it stop for a bit.

Blessed be

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”