''It'' found me today!

Discussion of ritual tools and other items used in the Craft.
Silent Stream
Banned Member

''It'' found me today!

Post by Silent Stream »

Going through the local antique shops on the weekends. Last Sunday, walking down an aisle and there it was, a big black cast iron cauldron. Now I'm partial to everything brass on my altar, even my old cauldron is brass, about 8'' worth, but I've been looking for a traditional black cast cauldron and I wanted a large one. This was the first time I laid eyes on it and it just screamed here I am, just what you wanted! So this size 7-8'' cauldrons I've seen go as high as $80. Not paying that, so I looked at the tag expecting to fall over. It said $23. OMG! $23! I got to have this, but alas short on cash, and just didnt want to use the debit. I could hear my wife: "Another cauldron." So I was with her in the store today, and thought by the Gods, if its still there I'm going buying it. Sure enough, it was still there. Now it's sitting there in my altar behind me on my avatar. Most all my things have come to me this way. It's great when you know what you want and you're rewarded for it. I'm sure I'm not the only one. :D Blessings, Silent Stream
Becks

Re: ''It'' found me today!

Post by Becks »

So wonderful! Congratulations on your awesome acquisition.
Silent Stream
Banned Member

Post by Silent Stream »

It would be good for water and boiling things, but I'm not into that. I use it as a womb of My Goddess BRIGID, who other than LUGH, is my soul God. I burn all my herbs and incense in it to honor them. I love it. I sprayed it with Crisco oil, and baked it in the oven at 350 for an hour, then took it out and wiped off the excess oil. It looks like brand new. I filled it with quartz sand and burned charcoal and incense in it. Then I purified it with dragons blood incense, I'm truly happy with it finding me!!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

That sounds like a lovely "meant to be" find. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think the things that come to us when we're doing something else are the most meaningful ones, and surely the most fun. It is a delight to think"oh, yeh. the Universe was listening after all." I call it the Shopping Fairy Effect :fairy:

Return to “Ritual Items and Tools”