My Snuggler

Share thoughts, poetry, feelings about the loss of a loved one (pets included).
TheWhiteWitch

My Snuggler

Post by TheWhiteWitch »

I thought I was helping my sweet baby rats by buying them from the feeder tank instead of the pets, but when they came home they were sniffly and breathed heavily. I cared for them. Gave them a clean place to sleep, fresh food and water, with lots of love. They both seemed to be doing better, but the boy (who I hadn't named because "pooh bear" my first choice just didn't seem to give him justice.) was extra cuddly and refused to leave my side. I made sure he stayed hydrated and fed and we sat together. He even fell asleep bruxing (which is like a rats way of purring) as I stroked his ears. I only had him for a short amount of time but I really enjoyed his company. He followed me when I let them out for play time and always true to "groom" me. He passed today and I'm still balling my eyes out. He was fine just an hour before I found him. It was such a surprise, I thought they were getting better. Now I'm worried for little Peach as she has the same thing. :( rest in peace Pooh Bear, I loved you so.
Attachments
Happy with Mom
Happy with Mom
bluejay_1919

Re: My Snuggler

Post by bluejay_1919 »

Hey, so sorry about your baby Pooh Bear. Just know that he will never truly leave you.
TheWhiteWitch

Post by TheWhiteWitch »

Thank you, it was such a surprise. I was cooking and just stopped everything to check on him and he was gone. I've adopted many "feeder" babies hoping to nurse them to health with no such luck yet. They truly are my favorite companion and I wish they were blessed with longer lives and better health.
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

Well, you give them love and companionship, when they need it the most. At least they know love before it's time for them to go. Their little lives are short, but it's seems like maybe you're meant to care for them, even if it's for that short time.
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

I hope Peach is okay.
TheWhiteWitch

Post by TheWhiteWitch »

Thank you, I'm going to keep trying. I'm going to start blessing them and using protection spells over them. Hopefully that will help them recover. I hope little peach is ok too, she is searching for Pooh Bear and laying in his favorite spot. I want to hold her and let her know she is loved but she keeps rejecting me. They are very bond prone and she just needs some space and maybe another companion when I know she is better.
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

Aw, poor little Peach ::(
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Pooh Bear was loved, and that's the important thing. Sending healing vibes to you and Peach.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “In Memory Of...”