I think a god visited me in my dreams last night

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Onlybeentenminutes

I think a god visited me in my dreams last night

Post by Onlybeentenminutes »

I've had a deity visit me in my dreams before, and I think it has happened again. It feels like a God is calling out to me, but I'm not 100% sure who it might be.

The dream went as follows:

I was in a large, stone building. I was shopping there, when out the windows of the building, I saw a whole group of peacocks. About 3 or 4 of them. I was curious and decided to leave the building to check it out. The peacocks were in what looked like a very large, dry, and grassy retention pond. Along with the peacocks in the ditch (retention pond) were three very large trees that provided almost the entire area with shade. The peacocks were grouped up under one of these shade patches.

As I walked into the ditch area, one of the peacocks in particular caught my attention. It was pure white and was changing form. It would shape shift from something small, my gut keeps telling me the small thing was a rabbit but I'm not sure. It was blurry, I just know one of the shapes was very small like that. It would then change shape and grow to be about as tall as and almost resemble human form before settling back into peacock form.

All the shape shifting took place in a matter of seconds, and immediately after, there was a cry that caught my attention. There had been an elderly woman standing on the lip of the ditch taking pictures of the peacocks and she had tumbled into the ditch. The sides of the retention pond were too steep for her to climb out of on her own she said. So I offered her my help by kneeling down on the side of the ditch and allowing her to run up my back and out of the pond.

Just after that, I stood, dusted myself off, and looked towards the group of trees. The peacocks still there and the one white peacock still shape shifting. It was then that I saw a bird flying at me and I could tell it was a falcon. Instinctively I put my arms up, thinking it was going to attack me, but instead, the falcon landed on my left arm.

I got a good look at it. Yknow how falcon's have darker feathers on the tops of their heads and just under their eyes as those little tear looking lines? Well on this falcon, those feathers were a deep blue. The rest of the feathers on its body were accented by shimmery golden feathers. It was beautiful and a very peaceful, charming bird.
I climbed out of the ditch with the bird still on my arm, and it stayed with me the remainder of the dream.

I was hoping someone might be able to help me out figure out who this is or what this is. I apologize for this being so long, but I figured it necessary to add in as much detail as I could remember
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: I think a god visited me in my dreams last night

Post by SnowCat »

You may have been visited by Hera, and she may be the old woman that you helped.
Daughter of Sekhmet
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Well, regardless of whether or not it was a deity, it has some pretty interesting alchemical correspondences :)
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Herackty or something similar is Horus's Egyptian name and they use much blue in art. Is the Falcon Horus?
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Just for consideration:

Falcon is a symbol of the human soul & peacock a symbol of new life & longevity.
Onlybeentenminutes

Post by Onlybeentenminutes »

Lady_Lilith wrote:Herackty or something similar is Horus's Egyptian name and they use much blue in art. Is the Falcon Horus?
That's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

You may have been visited by more than one deity. They don't seem to follow the rule that some people subscribe to, of only working with one deity.
Daughter of Sekhmet
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Peacock feathers are used to ward the evil eye because they look like eyes, the eye of Horus is similarly used against it, which makes me lean towards Horus more than Hera.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”