Sekhmet is Looking After Me

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
missbelladonna

Sekhmet is Looking After Me

Post by missbelladonna »

Hi everyone! I thought I'd share this story with you guys.

About a year ago, I entered an emotionally abusive relationship. It was fine at first, but I definitely began to see warning signs. However, if you're familiar with the dynamic of these things, you'll know what I mean by I excused it every time with a "I deserved it" or "he's going through a lot." If you asked any outsider, though, they'd all know this man was psychotic while I was just starting to question if this relationship was healthy. I was becoming really confused because not only was he manipulating me, but he was constantly gas lighting me. Even though everyone told me to stay away from him, I still didn't understand. The more confused I became, the more upset I became, so I called on Sekhmet.

I asked her to give me strength and clarity for this situation, that way I could see for myself that this was a bad idea. The next day, he clearly showed his true colors, and I cut him off. Again, if you're familiar with the dynamic of these things, you'll know he somehow managed to convince me that he was sorry and he deserved a fifth chance. It took me finding out that he had a history with domestic violence to finally get rid of him for good.

Anyway, yesterday I had a strong cup of chai before work so I was having trouble falling asleep. I found myself tempted to go look at his facebook page (I certainly wasn't going to message him, I just wanted to know that he was still miserable and pathetic), but I was really hesitant. I decided I'd get up and get some water, and then I'd try again, but all of a sudden, a container fell from the kitchen. I have no idea how it flew so far, but I think that was a sign.

I think it was a more aggressive "don't do that." I think it was her reminding me that I was strong, and that I've moved on and grown up a lot since then. I've been thinking about doing a ritual to help me let this whole thing go, but I know it's too soon for me. I think I'm rightfully holding on to the anger and the hurt, but even though I'm not ready to let it go yet, I think she reminded that that is my goal. She reminded me that it is okay to still be hurt, but there is absolutely no need to feed those feelings.

Has anyone had a similar experience?
"Keep your heels, head, and standards high." -Coco Chanel
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Sekhmet is Looking After Me

Post by SnowCat »

Sekhmet is a powerful protector. She will also tell you to ahead and kick dirt over the bad things in the past. She expressed herself on my behalf, after my hip surgery. I was in a lot of pain, but I don't tolerate most narcotics, including fentanyl. One of the ortho residents drew up a dose of fentanyl, and insisted that he was going to give it to me. I said, "Do not come near me with fentanyl!" I really believe, from the look on his face, that Sekhmet surfaced. She is always with me, and will show herself to people who threaten me.
Daughter of Sekhmet
missbelladonna

Re: Sekhmet is Looking After Me

Post by missbelladonna »

SnowCat wrote:Sekhmet is a powerful protector. She will also tell you to ahead and kick dirt over the bad things in the past. She expressed herself on my behalf, after my hip surgery. I was in a lot of pain, but I don't tolerate most narcotics, including fentanyl. One of the ortho residents drew up a dose of fentanyl, and insisted that he was going to give it to me. I said, "Do not come near me with fentanyl!" I really believe, from the look on his face, that Sekhmet surfaced. She is always with me, and will show herself to people who threaten me.
I love that about her. This was the lowest point in my life, and I think she really helped me find some strength to get it together. I wish I had known at the time that she was helping me instead of ignoring the signs, but I'm truly grateful :)
"Keep your heels, head, and standards high." -Coco Chanel

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”