Deity help

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Negoni

Deity help

Post by Negoni »

I've been wondering a lot lately about my current deities as part of me feels slightly unsure about them and whether or not I should try to work with other gods and goddesses from different pantheons.
I currently am a wiccan and believe in the god and goddess.
Though I like to include them into spell work and my practice I feel that there might be another out there.
I've had two dreams recently,one was of a pack of wolves mainly consisting of three all standing high under a full moon and arrows were stuck into the ground around them.
Another was more recent and included someone casting a spell including rose quartz,roses and rosemary within a caldron.
In front of them was five pillars and on top of the middle one store a female shaped statue,yet most of the features seemed faded so it was hard to tell who it may have been.
I've always been drawn to the imagery of the moon.
I am also interested in all of pantheons including the Greek,Egyptian and Germanic pantheons.
I don't know wether I should try to petition for any gods or goddesses or who may be trying to reach out to me.
I would love to hear any thought's on this,thank you.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Diety help

Post by SpiritTalker »

Maybe you just need to define for yourself, not from books or mythology, what the attributes are of the god and goddess in which you presently believe. Then the statue on the pedestal might gain recognizable features.
Siona

Post by Siona »

starlight wrote: I don't know wether I should try to petition for any gods or goddesses or who may be trying to reach out to me.
Well, why not? If you're interested in other pantheons, and feel that there's something worth exploring there, something that's calling to you, why not follow that? Many Wiccans and pagans are polytheists and honor multiple deities, so it wouldn't be a particularly strange thing to do. If you try and nothing comes of it, nothing lost, but you might gain some new insights and knowledge, at the least.
Negoni

Post by Negoni »

Thank you both for your impute,
All thoughts and opinions help.
I will write back if I do experience or find anything of interest.
SaorsaTess

Re: Deity help

Post by SaorsaTess »

I agree with Siona. Explore and see what happens. You could research some of the deity and or mythology. You could wait and see if you get more information in future dreams. If you feel like a deity was trying to connect with you in the dream then maybe meditate and invite that same deity to come to you and see if you can learn a little more. I don#t think there is any harm in exploring this some more. You will learn a little more about an area that interests you at least if you discover a deity you want to work with then all the better
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

You will know it if and when a Deity decides to accept you as a student. Once a connection has been made stay in tune frequently, you are not the only student and your Guide has little patience for part time interlopers.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Negoni

Post by Negoni »

Hello,I have an update for you all.
So lately I've been trying to help set up images of Artemis on my altar as to help make her feel welcomed.
I've also tried praying to her once or twice during the full moon phases.
Last night I tried setting my bed side table with a crystal grid to help with dream work as well as lighting some opium incense(which helps me alot with dream) and I also played some binaural beats to help contact guides as a way of helping me become focused for dreaming as i also stated my intentions to meet my guide(s) when I sleep.
Last night I remember standing on top of a tall hill,
Seeing the mountains and other hill tops from miles away as a beautiful golden sunset shone upon them.
Them a tall,golden antlered stag walked out in front of me and gazed at me,causing us to stare eye to eye.
After a while of staring into the stags eyes I soon woke up and found that I had coincidentally woke up during the hours of sun rise as well,just like in my dream.
I know that from legends that Artemis had a sacred golden stag that she loved.
I though that perhaps this was her way of saying that she is there,
Or perhaps the golden stag might be a guide sent from her.
I was wondering what any of your ideas may be?
Siona

Post by Siona »

Artemis favors mountains/hills, and she is also a goddess of the dawn, and yep, golden stags are sacred to her (myth usually says there are five in total, four pull her golden chariot, the fifth roams free and features in the myth of Heracles). I'd say that's probably a good sign she is speaking to you, since there is layered symbolism there. Especially with prior dreams of wolves, arrows, and such.

In addition to the full moon, you might also consider praying to her on the sixth day of the lunar month (the first day being the visible crescent new moon, not the astronomical new moon), as that was her sacred day traditionally, having said to be born on the sixth day. As you read about her, you might see some sources just stating this as the sixth day of the month, but the Greek calendar had lunar months.
Negoni

Post by Negoni »

That is very interesting,
I will keep that in mind next time I plan on praying to Artemis,thank you Siona.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”