Does a God/Goddess ever want you to work with just them?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
moonlightsonata

Does a God/Goddess ever want you to work with just them?

Post by moonlightsonata »

Maybe a stupid question, but I had been researching various Goddesses, not expecting to find my matron anytime soon; rather looking for several Goddesses I felt comfortable working with. I kept being drawn towards the darker ones (Nyx, Hecate, the Morrigan) or goddesses that had some sort of underworld aspect (Inanna, Isis).
I kept having signs that suggested Hecate (the torch rune continuing to show up, Her wheel continuing to show up, finding songs or books about Hecate everywhere, continuing to come across three way crossroads- actually somewhat rare in my area-, having snakes pop up, etc.), but I was also reading up on the Morrigan too and had felt drawn to her too, in part because I have a Celtic heritage. Then I had an amazing experience where Hecate very clearly called to me. I had no problem accepting that and was so extremely grateful to be called by a Goddess at this point in my journey. But now, in various different ways, I get the very strong feeling that She wants me to work with just Her, at least for a while. My teacher said this is common with some of the more "dark" Goddesses. I had also heard several people say the same about the Morrigan, that She doesn't share. Hecate doesn't seem to have a problem with me working with more then one God. But She has called me very dramatically (at least to me) and it's the first time I have felt loved by the Divine in so long.

I don't mind mostly working with one Goddess for a while; I just want to make sure this isn't some carryover from my monotheistic days.
Daughter of Hecate and the Morrigan
Lord_of_Nightmares

Re: Does a God/Goddess ever want you to work with just them?

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Idk Isis has an association with Hekate. She told Lucius it's one of her names.

But it's not uncommon that people focus on one god while believing in many.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
moonlightsonata

Post by moonlightsonata »

Ok, I didn't think so...and since I'm more duotheistic in my beliefs then it really shouldn't be an issue for me. :) Thanks!
Daughter of Hecate and the Morrigan
Darkest Auldearn

Post by Darkest Auldearn »

Don't think of divinity in terms of individual gods or goddesses. If you read up on any single one of them, you'll find their equivalents in most every major civilisation throughout history. The gods of one race invariably become the demons of its conquerors, which clearly implies that we're not dealing with individual entities; rather different names, culturally fostered, for the same energies.

Divinity, and our access to it, is a lake. There are many rivers to that lake. What you call these rivers is entirely up to you, but they don't change.

You find the one that flows best in line with your nature, dive in, and swim upstream. :)

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”