Have I found my Deity?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Heyhannahjane

Have I found my Deity?

Post by Heyhannahjane »

Hey everyone!

I am new to my journey and have started writing in my book of shadows, I have been reading into different Gods and Goddesses, Celtic, Egyption, Greek etc. Reading and writing little facts about them in my book of shadows, none of them really stood out to me, I appreciate and am in awe of all of their stories and for what they stand for, but none of them shouted out to me.
Until I got to Aphrodite... I was reading about her and I feel like I can relate to her strengths and weakness, but not just that it suddenly hit me all at once that she has been involved in my life more than I have realised.I had flash backs of sitting by Aphrodite's Bath and resting by Aphrodites Rock with my boyfriend who I now live with, when we decided to visit Cyprus with no real knowledge of the place. I felt a wave of excitement, enlightenment and it almost made me cry.. out of joy? Whats even stranger, out of all the places in the world my Grandparents have booked my family, my boyfriend and myself to go back to that very same place next year.

Has something similar happened to anyone else before? Here are a picture of me at Aphrodites Baths and her Gardens in the mountains.

Please let me know your thoughts! smileylove
Attachments
Aphrodites Baths.jpg
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Have I found my Deity?

Post by Firebird »

I think when ever a place calls to you there is something there to be learned.
Since Aphrodite is connected I would explore the atributes and stories about her and how they may apply to you. Do you need to address any of these things in your life?
It's a beautiful place for sure. I bet you felt absolutely rejuvenated there.
How uncanny your grandparents wanted to take the family. ..did they know you had gone?
If you don't mind my asking, what are your roots of origin?
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”