Does anyone have any experience connecting to Hekete?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
October's Moon

Does anyone have any experience connecting to Hekete?

Post by October's Moon »

I've done so much research about her and I feel as she's influenced my childhood in some ways and had influence on my personality and was wondering of anyone else's stories connecting to her/talking to her?
*October's Moon* :flyingwitch:
Siona

Re: Does anyone have any experience connecting to Hekete?

Post by Siona »

Honestly, I don't really even remember how I came about honoring Hekate as much as I do. I mean, as a Greek pagan and a witch, I suppose it makes sense that we'd come together eventually. The good news for people looking to honor Hekate is there is a lot of surviving historical information and practices, which can be a good place to start in building a relationship with her. (The bad news is since she is so popular, there's also a lot of BS out there being passed off as historical, when it's really not.) She also has many devotees out there continuing to build up her modern worship, as well.

If you're looking to connect with her I'd suggest reading about her ancient worship and functions over at Theoi. You might also look into the books Hekate Soteira, by Sarah Iles Johnston, Bearing Torches: A Devotional Anthology for Hekate, Bibliotheca Alexandrina, and Hekate Liminal Rites, Sorita D'Este. There are also groups like the Covenant of Hekate which provide more resources and even a few rituals for connecting with Hekate.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”