Having trouble connecting with a god

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
IsaacIcarus

Having trouble connecting with a god

Post by IsaacIcarus »

Okay, so I'm still pretty new to Wicca. I'm young and still experimenting with what concepts of spirituality and religion I am comfortable with and what I am not. I'm not sure how I feel about the concept of gods and goddesses; whether I'm interested in them conceptually but not in practice, or as manifestations of beliefs/morals. That being said, early on in my journey during meditation a woman presented herself to me and has continued to present herself to me regularly. I think she's Gaia. I see her very clearly; a tall heavyset dark skinned woman with kinky shoulder length hair and natural highlights, broad nose and knowing, kind eyes. But after two years, I have yet to come into contact with any trace of a god, or a masculine figure at all.

I think it may have something to do with the fact that I am a transgender boy. My connection with the goddess is my connection with my femininity, and she helps remind me to be true to myself and not try to become hyper masculine to fit some kind of cultural idea of what a man is supposed to be. Which is wonderful and I am so glad for it, but I would also like to be in touch with my masculine side and have a relationship with a god as well as a goddess. What do you all think? I am still so new to this, is it normal to only have a connection to one deity/spiritual being? Is this some kind of block that I should work on? I'm going to consult my runes about this as well, but I don't know how helpful they will be since I'm very new at that, too.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Having trouble connecting with a god

Post by SpiritTalker »

Let the Horned God be the figure. He is Gaia's likely energy match. It could help to conceive of the gods as directors for magical workings, and not so much for morals or beliefs, but for energy compatible forces. They carry the possitive/negative flow of creative power and Nature that we need to connect with in ourselves to make magic.
IsaacIcarus

Post by IsaacIcarus »

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. I will give it a try
breaddd

Post by breaddd »

I would actively go find a masculine deity if you want to work with a god. Just know that if you happen to have a strong connection to a goddess, it doesn't invalidate your masculinity. If Gaia is trying to contact you, respond. It's a relationship worth acknowledging for sure.
When in doubt, consult the nearest tree.
Fae

Post by Fae »

I'd say go with your heart. Do you feel you need a masculine God in your life and practice?

Personally, I stuck with just Aphrodite for nearly ten years. She was the only one that I truly felt, and I'll always love her for that. Then, last year I felt a more masculine energy calling me. I took some time to explore it, and came to the conclusion Poseidon was knocking, so to speak, and had a really breathtaking experience and whirlwind few weeks working with him. His presence has sense calmed a lot, but I do still feel it from time to time.

If you personally feel an excess of feminine energy, or that you are being more drawn to a more masculine God, I don't think you should deny it. But if you only feel that way because you think that's what you should feel, I'd say take it slow, do some research and see what happens. Best of luck!
freyja13

Post by freyja13 »

Is there a spell to find your primary deity, or your patron deity?
Siona

Post by Siona »

I think sometimes modern sources over-emphasize the need for honoring a goddess and god pair at all times. Deities don't often come in neat little bundles like that. Now might not be the right time to connect with a god. It may never happen to the extent that you have connected with Gaia. You might even find another goddess comes into your life before a god does. There is no right or wrong here really, everyone's path is going to be a bit unique, and that includes what deities might come into your life (or out of), and when that happens, or if it happens. It's hard to say for sure. You can keep looking if it's something that's pulling to you, but don't get stressed out if nothing comes of it right now.
IsaacIcarus

Post by IsaacIcarus »

breaddd wrote:I would actively go find a masculine deity if you want to work with a god. Just know that if you happen to have a strong connection to a goddess, it doesn't invalidate your masculinity. If Gaia is trying to contact you, respond. It's a relationship worth acknowledging for sure.
Thanks! I'm trying working with the Horned God, it seems like it's going petty well? At least, I feel a bit more of a masculine presence, which is nice. Gaia is there for me as always <3
IsaacIcarus

Post by IsaacIcarus »

Fae wrote:I'd say go with your heart. Do you feel you need a masculine God in your life and practice?

Personally, I stuck with just Aphrodite for nearly ten years. She was the only one that I truly felt, and I'll always love her for that. Then, last year I felt a more masculine energy calling me. I took some time to explore it, and came to the conclusion Poseidon was knocking, so to speak, and had a really breathtaking experience and whirlwind few weeks working with him. His presence has sense calmed a lot, but I do still feel it from time to time.

If you personally feel an excess of feminine energy, or that you are being more drawn to a more masculine God, I don't think you should deny it. But if you only feel that way because you think that's what you should feel, I'd say take it slow, do some research and see what happens. Best of luck!
This is an excellent point! It's hard to remember to just go with what feels natural when so many people have very solid ideas of what they believe is the best way to do it. Everybody's journey is different, right?
IsaacIcarus

Post by IsaacIcarus »

Siona wrote:I think sometimes modern sources over-emphasize the need for honoring a goddess and god pair at all times. Deities don't often come in neat little bundles like that. Now might not be the right time to connect with a god. It may never happen to the extent that you have connected with Gaia. You might even find another goddess comes into your life before a god does. There is no right or wrong here really, everyone's path is going to be a bit unique, and that includes what deities might come into your life (or out of), and when that happens, or if it happens. It's hard to say for sure. You can keep looking if it's something that's pulling to you, but don't get stressed out if nothing comes of it right now.
Very practical advice. I will take it to heart, thank you.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”