Don't Insult Aphrodite!

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Yex

Don't Insult Aphrodite!

Post by Yex »

I thought I'd share a brief anecdote about something that happened to me recently:

Over this last weekend, my wife got a spur of the moment tattoo - her first - and it was of the Venus symbol. Inspired by this, and having wanted for quite a while to get a statue of Aphrodite, I called my local occult bookstore to ask if they had any in. Sure enough, they had one. I went down to the shop, purchased the statue, and returned home. I went to the place in my house where the statue was to reside, and prepared to do a ritual. However, as I was taking the statue out of its styrofoam packaging, it seemingly flew out of my hands, landing across the room, shattering the statue. I quickly thought back to when I purchased the statue, and remembered that my initial, automatic reaction was, "Well, it's not my favorite, but it'll do". It became immediately obvious that Aphrodite, in her vanity, had been offended by this; ergo, the statue was not acceptable. I did a ritual anyway, apologizing and vowing to her that I would find another, more suitable statue for her.

Luckily she and I seem to still be on good terms, so it definitely could have been worse, but the bottom line is: Don't insult Aphrodite! goodnevil
love is the whole and more than all
Deerstep

Re: Don't Insult Aphrodite!

Post by Deerstep »

Wow.
Good to know, good to know. I'll definitely keep that in mind if I ever work with her. Thanks! :)
"You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are." ~Lewis Carroll
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Words to live by.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Since she is the goddess of love, and controls peoples' love/sex lives, I decided not to mess with her along time ago! 0_0;
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Wow! This just proves me I was right when I decided to choose my Goddess and looked for the most tolerant one. I can't imagine how many times I insulted my Deity,not on purpose,of course,but as someone new to the practice,it seems so easy to make mistakes.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
BlessedbyHecate

Post by BlessedbyHecate »

It is true the Greek Gods and Goddesses are capricious and take offence as is evident by stories and myths. When I feel I have done something wrong, I dedicate a candle to my deity. I carve symbols representing my deity or I write their name. I then light the candle every night until it's all gone. Burning incense is another way.
And about what lady lilith said, not choosing Aphrodite on purpose can also be an insult.
A safe approach to worshipping deities is to light candles for those you have dedicated yourself to and to have a candle on your altar for all the others.
For my God- for my Goddess- for all
Blessed be by Hecate!
Yex

Post by Yex »

BlessedbyHecate wrote:It is true the Greek Gods and Goddesses are capricious and take offence as is evident by stories and myths.
No doubt about that.
When I feel I have done something wrong, I dedicate a candle to my deity. I carve symbols representing my deity or I write their name. I then light the candle every night until it's all gone. Burning incense is another way.
What I actually ended up doing after this incident was burning rose incense for Aphrodite every day until I acquired a new statue, at which point I set up an altar for her and reduced to weekly offerings (every Friday).
love is the whole and more than all
BlessedbyHecate

Post by BlessedbyHecate »

Glad to hear it went well!
Blessed be by Hecate!
Chris Fox

Post by Chris Fox »

Beautiful. Yes she is not to be messed with.
I think I both have her love and her rage.
She makes my love life hard, but whenever she gives, she gives me miracles.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”