A Relationship with Hecate

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
gentlelamb

A Relationship with Hecate

Post by gentlelamb »

So I spent about 3 months (maybe more, I'm bad at estimating) researching Hecate doing little offerings here and there and I wrote to her everyday in my journal. I was totally committed to her. And whenever I prayed to her about stuff or asked for something to happen, it would. Like instantly. It was kinda spooky.

Later on I ventured on to other deities telling Hecate I'd be back and focus my energy on her again. So I did that for a while but a couple nights ago my dog got out and ran away for at least an hour and I was so scared that I prayed to Demeter to bring her back safely.

When it didn't work I prayed to Hecate BEGGING her to help bring my Ellie home. Not even kidding, maybe something like 2 minutes went by before I saw Ellie walk up the drive way. I recognized that this had only happened after I prayed to Hecate.

Now yesterday I went to the reading room on this site and asked the yes or no question thing (which has always been scary accurate for me. Like seriously never wrong.) and asked it if Hecate had taken an interest in me. It said yes. What does this mean? What does Hecate want me to do?
Last edited by Kassandra on Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Member, please use paragraph breaks, as I have edited them in here. Thanks.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: What does this mean????

Post by SpiritTalker »

What makes you think Hekete wants you to do something?and what does this mean to you? What anyone else thinks has no impact on your relationship with Deity. Ask & invite her to speak for herself. You say you have been building a relationship so why should it shock you (????) that she (or whatever you have been addessing) might show an interest? Just go slow, think it through, and keep your hair tied on.
gentlelamb

Post by gentlelamb »

Idk why it would surprise me. I guess it just took me by surprise kinda. And idk I just wanted a second opinion on it.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I can understand wanting a reality check, & you'll hear this 100 times, just go with your feelings. Our friendship with deities is so personal, and it seems we could get carried away on a high, but who better to fly with than deity. If you have doubts or confusion, it is OK to chat with your deity.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Sounds like you have a good relationship.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: A Relationship with Hecate

Post by SpiritTalker »

The only thing I'd ask: are you comfortable with it? If yes, you keep on going. If no, you figure out why and adjust. And you discuss it with Hekete & get her take on things. That's a relationship.
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Re: A Relationship with Hecate

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

There is a Devotional, book that you may want to get. The author is Vivienne Moss.
titled Hekate A Devotional

As I read it, it sent beautiful messages to me. It's very inspiring and the way it's written, It may have Hecate sending you very personal inspiration. It may answer the questions you have. It's around $10 dollars and less than 100 pages. However the goodies are bountiful within the pages.

I highly recommend it.
I hope your answers will be given to you at any rate.

Dark, Nocturnal Blessings

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”