God and Goddess

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
auria

God and Goddess

Post by auria »

Can the God and Goddess hear your thoughts, or must they be spoken?
Katrinkah

Re: God and Goddess

Post by Katrinkah »

I'm no expert but I think that yes they can hear your thoughts, however speaking out loud creates more energy around what you are saying.
auria

Post by auria »

:D thank you so much for the answer. You are the first to be able to answer that for me Katrinkah.
I have known all my life that I was a witch. Thought it is time to be the witch I am. How long have you been in the craft?
Katrinkah

God and Goddess

Post by Katrinkah »

Well I dabbled some as an adolescent but then stopped due to being discouraged by family and peers. Then as I got older I kinda just studied all religions and spirit sciences such as quantum physics and metaphysics, then came up with my own belief systems. I recently came back to Wicca maybe 6-8 months ago, but it already aligned with the belief system I currently had. So I'd like to say I've always been Wiccan but I just recently found out :P
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Hi auria. I don't speak out loud to mine. We seem to do just fine with thought. When you have a moment, please drop by our intro section. We like getting to know our new members.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Siona

Post by Siona »

Many pagans believe you carry a bit of the divine inside of you, or that you have a "higher self" (often in connection with a "lower" self) that is always tapped into the spiritual world - either way acts as a method of communication that you can always use, that's always open when you need it. Speak the words, or just think them, and they'll get where they need to go.
auria

Post by auria »

Can you simply ask for something from the God and Goddess? Or must you have a circle and a ritual?
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

I pray informally every night to thank them what I have and to ask for guidance so that I may gain whatever it is I may need- for example, we are in a bad spot financially, so I will informally pray to ask them to help me recognize the opportunities available to me so that I may earn any extra income.
Of course, there are some times where I will preform a formal ritual to petition for their intervention. A few years ago my dog had to have an emergency surgery and I preformed a ritual to ask for her quick recovery and for us to find the financial means to pay for it.

How I ask depends on how dire the situation is. It is what works for me.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
auria

Post by auria »

Thank you, that was very informative.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”