Anyone know about Horus and his associations/symbols?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
rigormortisgirl

Anyone know about Horus and his associations/symbols?

Post by rigormortisgirl »

For years, I have been off and on with the Egyptian pantheon. I originally felt that the goddess Auset was calling to me.

She might be but I do remember I had had a dream of a man and a small child who looked similar to him, they both had curly hair, curly black hair, and fair skin(but not white) and the man had a falcon on his shoulder to the right of him. The man in this dream hugged me and the dream was solid. I honestly think it could have been him in the form of a human.They looked somewhat Arab. The baby was very happy to see me and his face lit up like the sun. He ran up to me and hugged me. I do remember there being a misty black shadow in that dream but it didn't come near me or the baby/man. It was in the corner and I felt that I should ignore it (which I did)

I have been mistaking seeing falcons as hawks.
I see them everywhere and often, almost every day. I Googled and apparently, it's Horus that is associated with falcons. I am unable to find much about him online like how I am able to find goddess associations/symbolism. The only things I keep finding are about the wedjat, the left and right eye, and the falcon. Does anyone know his correspondences/symbols for him or where I can find them?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Anyone know about Horus and his associations/symbols?

Post by SnowCat »

Sounds like you're getting a call from Horus. While you wait for some answers, would you head over to our intro section and tell us a bit about yourself?

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
rigormortisgirl

Post by rigormortisgirl »

SnowCat wrote:Sounds like you're getting a call from Horus. While you wait for some answers, would you head over to our intro section and tell us a bit about yourself?

Snow

Oh wow! I'm so sorry! I had an account on here when I was still in high school but I can't remember the username or password and I forgot to introduce myself again! :( I will head over there
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

No worries. It's nice to have you back.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Fae

Post by Fae »

Hi there!

I've always been fascinated by Egyptian deities. While I haven't come to work with any personally, I have done a little research on them. I know many ancient pharaohs were regarded to be Horus personified during their lifetime, which explains him to be one of the more popular/powerful gods so to speak.

I believe he has an association with both the sun and the moon, which makes sense considering his domain. One of his consorts, depending on mythology, was Hathor, and I seem to recall an association with the lotus flower, but I'm not sure where I picked that up from. I'll look over my notes on ancient Egypt, and see if I can find anything else, but that's what comes to mind at the moment. Research is definitely your friend in this case, and I'd love to hear an update if you learn anything new and interesting!

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”