Patron Goddess Help - Bast? Aphrodite?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Penumbra

Patron Goddess Help - Bast? Aphrodite?

Post by Penumbra »

Hello everyone! I am a new Pagan and a practicing witch who has recently been faced with some serious issues with patron goddesses, I believe.

First, some background. I became interested in Paganism about 4 years ago and have recently begun practicing after determining that it is where I should be. About two years back I practiced, took a hiatus due to some personal issues, and have committed myself again. During my first time practicing, I bonded closely with the goddess Bast and now when I've tried to reach out to her again have gotten nothing back. This is probably due to my leaving her, something I take full responsibility for. However, i wonder if anyone here knows of a way to regain her favor?

Furthermore, while pendulum dowsing my last three times I have come into contact with a being expressing itself as Aphrodite. She believes that I must grow to love people around me and open my heart through her unique spells. I believe she wants to build repoir with me and even become my patron.

Could I still reconnect wth Bast if I work with Aphrodite?

Also, should I be worried that Aphrodte and I have nothing in common? I am a erson who loves the notion of love, yes, but I have repressed it so long that I've become a more intellectually driven person. I never follow my heart. Could we still be compatable? I was surprised that I was comtacted by her due to this fact, but I know that gods work in mysterious ways, so I wanted more experienced input.

Thank you all so much.

Blessed be,

Penumbra
Siona

Re: Patron Goddess Help - Bast? Aphrodite?

Post by Siona »

Penumbra wrote:Could I still reconnect wth Bast if I work with Aphrodite?
It is certainly not outside of the realm of possibility, many people have relationships with more than one deity at any given time. That said, it is of course up to Bast in the end. She might even be waiting for you to learn something particular from Aphrodite before she comes back to you, which is why she is not answering now - or perhaps that is totally unrelated. It's hard to say for sure.
Also, should I be worried that Aphrodte and I have nothing in common? I am a erson who loves the notion of love, yes, but I have repressed it so long that I've become a more intellectually driven person. I never follow my heart. Could we still be compatable?
Yes, in fact this very well may be why she's come to you. You don't describe yourself as having no interest in love and the like, but that it's there and repressed, which is a very different matter.
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Thank you so much for replying so quickly, Siona! It means a lot to me to get an informed opinion. I have one more question before I move forward with this matter, if you don't mind. I was wondering if you had any experience with a good way to introduce oneself to Bast? I feel that maybe starting over with her would be a good way to proceed.

I suppose with Aphrodite I'm just concerned that we won't work well together with who I am now, but I am willing to try. She is, to my knowledge, a love goddess and I am afraid that this is not the type of goddess I should be working with. However, I expect that my fear is her point for contacting me: so that the side of me that could connect with her isn't completely overshadowed by my intellectual, afraid of love side.

Thanks again!
Siona

Post by Siona »

I don't have any personal experience with Bast myself, but speaking of the Egyptian deities in general it is often suggested to spend some time studying the classical associations of the deity, offerings made to them, etc, and to set up a small altar for them, purify yourself (traditionally involved washing at least your hands and mouth), and present them with an offering while explaining your goal in contacting them. Just speak from your heart, and the message will get across.

As for Aphrodite, we aren't always approached by deities who we have a ton in common with, because sometimes there's not a lot of room for growth there. I think the way you describe yourself, and your relationship with the concept of love (using words like fear and repressed), is very much the reason why Aphrodite has come to you specifically saying she has work for you to do, she has something to teach you.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”