The Connections Made

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Zili

The Connections Made

Post by Zili »

I've always had an abnormal appreciation for apples and in my studies at first I thought it was because you could cut along the horizontal and the seeded core creates a star or lotus design after that it was associations with past lives followed by trying to connect to a goddess or god. Never did I ever put two plus two together, my love of apples (both the physical fruit and its symbolism) and my love for the Autumn season (both the actual season and its symbolism as well).

Aphrodite/Venus were too closely related to love and lust for me and Eris way to chaotic for me to even deal with lol. I decided to look deeper into the gods and goddesses associated with Mabon and stumbled upon Pamona there's only been two postings on here that include her (Aura's and Ravencry's book of shadows) and she's only mentioned in connection to Mabon as a goddess of the harvest (typically apples). I want to delve deeper into her mythology and learn more about her when I read what little I could find I felt a pull the same pull I felt with Brigid (poetry connection).

If anyone has any extra info on her I'd appreciate it :) so far the most info I've found is from here: http://journeyingtothegoddess.wordpress ... ss-pomona/
Echo_of_shadows

Re: The Connections Made

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

It's not much, but these links are to sites that I find pretty helpful for finding information on deities.
Encyclopedia Mythica
Godchecker
Wikipedia
About.com
Zili

Re: The Connections Made

Post by Zili »

Before finding out anymore info, Pamona gave me a sign today of her approval (at least that's what I believe it to be). I decided to cut an apple and share a slice of it with my guinea pig, Momo. Lately I've been saving the seeds so I can try to grow an apple tree; I removed 3 seeds before I noticed something was off, when I took a closer look I realized that one of the seeds had already sprouted and had grown roots throughout the core of the apple! I was so excited (probably more excited than any sane person should be)! I've planted the whole core not wanting to disrupt the growing that's already happened and hopefully If I do right by it, I'll be able to successfully grow an apple tree. :)

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”