WHo could my goddess be?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Lainara

WHo could my goddess be?

Post by Lainara »

I casted the circle, cleansed with incense, and shuffled my tarot card deck. I'm using the Wild Wood tarot deck. I asked the Goddess to show me who she was through the cards. The card I pulled was the Forest Lovers.

What could this mean? What is the goddess trying to tell me? :evilwitch:

Update: I asked the goddess again, and again I pulled the forest lovers. Must mean that whatever is there she really wants me to see!
Echo_of_shadows

Re: WHo could my goddess be?

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

You can try to find your answer by looking at the symbolism depicted on your card. I assume that this is your card:
forest lovers.jpg
forest lovers.jpg (12.51 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
You can base your search on a few of the following things depicted in this card:
A goddess with light colored hair.
A goddess associated with calla lilies and/or birch.
A goddess often depicted wearing green or often symbolized by green.
The sky looks like sun is either rising or setting, try looking for a goddess associated with sunrise or sunset.
Calla Lilies are native to southern Africa, try looking for a goddess from that region.
Another name for Calla Lily is 'pig's ear,' try looking for a goddess associated with pigs.

After you come up with a list of potential goddesses, spend time meditating and ask Her if She goes by one of those names. Best of luck on your journey. :)
Lainara

Post by Lainara »

Lillies, especially tiger lillies, are not only my favorite flower, but represent a very troubling past. I wonder if this was her way of saying remember how you got through it?
I used to look at the moon a lot when I went through that very depressing time, with lilies on my dresser.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I love this deck ...I have it too.
My initial impression was the earth Goddess like Gaia
These lilies are not technically related to tiger lilies, so maybe you don't need to associate it with a troubling past. The lily represented is in the Zantendeschia family, ...I believe it is closer to jack in the pulpit. The representation is embarrassingly obvious (hehe) and It may be more along the line of, a message to be intimate in your worship. This doesn't necessarily mean having actual relations (though that's what the card is mostly about,... the primal urge) but also the cosmic connection that comes from a closely intimate bond. It could be related to becoming closely involved in your studies, or in your connection to the Goddess, be she Gaia or some other Earth Goddess or perhaps springtime Goddess. Echo had some good thoughts on researching a few and see who really stands out in meditation.
best wishes, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Lainara

Post by Lainara »

I did some meditation last night, and I saw a vision of a lady with brown hair walking down a forest clearing and as she moved flowers sprang up. I didn't get a chance to speak to her but I'm hoping today I can.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Perhaps Blodeuwedd???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blodeuwedd
here is another link
http://thaliatook.com/AMGG/blodeuwedd.php

BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Lainara

Post by Lainara »

I think that may be her. I got a strange feeling reading those pages!
Update: I did tarot today and I pulled the Horse. Perhaps Epona?
seidkonacat

Post by seidkonacat »

My first iinstinct is to say she looks like Sif or Freyja. But I worship in the Norse pantheon, so that WOULD be my view. Try to contact the spirit. It sounds like any number of woodland/nature goddesses.
Lainara

Post by Lainara »

I decided to lucid dream and ask there. I asked for a god as well. As I asked, the god showed up but it was my husband. Now I'm confused :<
Echo_of_shadows

Write down a list of your husband's characteristics, both his physical traits and those that make up his personality. Start with a pantheon you feel drawn to, then read some of the mythology. See if there is a god that shares some of your husband's characteristics. Sometimes Gods and spirits appear to us in forms that we recognize and are comfortable with.
Lainara

Post by Lainara »

Thanks for all your help guys! I figured out the Horned one is my god and Artemis is my goddess!
Echo_of_shadows

Congratulations! :)

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”