I'm confused about which pantheon I follow...

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
nature_in_control

I'm confused about which pantheon I follow...

Post by nature_in_control »

Hi all,

I'm seriously confused about what I believe in. I worship Lilith, who I firmly believe is a large element in my life, however I feel more and more drawn to the Norse pantheon. I can't meditate on the matter because I can't relax for five minutes, I'm permanently on edge and I don't know why, so i can't really mediate on the thought. Any advice?

Bright blessings,

James.
~*nature_in_control*~

"I am not here to bring light to a world of darkness, but rather choose to represent darkness in a world blinded by light~"
Holdasown

Re: I'm confused about which pantheon I follow...

Post by Holdasown »

Is there a god or goddess In particular you are drawn too?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I was drawn to the Celtic pantheon. Then, the night Blanca died, Bast appeared to me. I knew then, that I was not limited to my ancestral pantheon. Follow what draws you.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Cat is right, ...some times we are spoken to from many different realms, I think this why so many pagans these days are eclectic, and that's ok, the messages we need to hear may appear to us from a pantheon we didn't expect or know anything about. The reason, in my opinion, is that the brain responds to that which it can relate to, the stronger and more powerful the feeling or connection the deeper the grooves of enlightenment become ingrained in your brain....and that's a good thing. You have already forged a bond with Lilith...that's good, If the Heathens of the Norse are calling you, you might want to see what they have to say :wink:
:flyingwitch:
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

I draw from all different pantheons. I find it very helpful because many different traditions have similar deities with slight variations, or deities with different personalities who watch over the same things, and being able to call on the energy of either more than one deity for the same thing can be really beneficial.
ladywhitewolf

Post by ladywhitewolf »

firebirdflys wrote:Cat is right, ...some times we are spoken to from many different realms, I think this why so many pagans these days are eclectic, and that's ok, the messages we need to hear may appear to us from a pantheon we didn't expect or know anything about. The reason, in my opinion, is that the brain responds to that which it can relate to, the stronger and more powerful the feeling or connection the deeper the grooves of enlightenment become ingrained in your brain....and that's a good thing. You have already forged a bond with Lilith...that's good, If the Heathens of the Norse are calling you, you might want to see what they have to say :wink:
:flyingwitch:
Blessings, Firebird
This. I think that if you feel a calling from the Norse pantheon then you should follow your heart and find out what they are trying to say to you. I connect with three pantheons: Celtic, Norse and Egyptian. You don't have to have only one that you follow.
Jessica [aka Whitewolf]
TXCammy

Post by TXCammy »

I can vouch for being interested in Norse and Egyptian yet it was Athena who called me.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”