God&Goddess question

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
ScarlettRose

God&Goddess question

Post by ScarlettRose »

I was just curious while casting spells do you have two particular God&Goddesses you call upon or just God and Goddesses??
Does that make since? And how do you find out which God and Goddesses to call on?
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
akumaxkami

Post by akumaxkami »

The only time I ever call on gods is when I'm doing a particularly powerful spell and need a deity's help or during a ritual of some sort to honor a particular god/goddess.

That said, I always choose a certain deity who's attributes match up to the type of spellcraft I'm working on. I don't believe in just a generic god or goddess...I believe there are hundreds of deities.
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

I think the general rule works like this: if you know which God and Goddess would be best suited for the ritual, call to them specifically. If you are unsure of who to call or no one quite fits the bill, simply pay respects to "the God" and "the Goddess". The universe will make sure your message gets to right parties.

Also, if you are uncomfortable calling out generically, pick a God and Goddess you are comfortable working with. I've never known any of them to reject being called in a ritual unless you are calling a God of water to a fire ritual or something :)
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

Ok, that makes since! Thank you both for sharing. Nightrose, I love how you explained that! I really appreciate this help! Do you think Eros and Aphrodite would be good God and Goddess to call upon for a love spell??
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”