Confused

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Maribelle

Confused

Post by Maribelle »

I dont believe in any gods just an icredably strong force, and i believe its in every person, animal,plant and thing, its in the rain and the ground and the wind. But i dont think it those things that make it i think it creates those things, and i think you can only reconnect to it through nature and the elements. Is there a lable for this belife?
Stephanie Mae

Post by Stephanie Mae »

It sounds like the belief in the elements and energy to me.
Ankhhape

Post by Ankhhape »

Shamanism
rainysoul

Re: Confused

Post by rainysoul »

MaribelleLemire92 wrote:I dont believe in any gods just an icredably strong force, and i believe its in every person, animal,plant and thing, its in the rain and the ground and the wind. But i dont think it those things that make it i think it creates those things, and i think you can only reconnect to it through nature and the elements. Is there a lable for this belife?
I agree that it sounds a lot like shamanism. It seems though that you're getting caught up in the label "God". You're talking about a force that creates, and is a part of everything. Sounds just like what some people believe God is. Trying to find where you fit in is a struggle (trust me I know), but don't let the word "God" scare off of something that might be just what you're looking for.

Rainy
RuneGeek

Post by RuneGeek »

Sounds like a mixture of Pantheism and/or Animism (links below). I concur that Shamanism is probably a good path for you to investigate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheism/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animism/
theSeeker

Re: Confused

Post by theSeeker »

MaribelleLemire92 wrote:I dont believe in any gods just an icredably strong force
I too do not put honor onto any Gods or Goddesses as I believe (feel) that we all come from the same Higher Power... that which I am still not 100% sure of but feel from with in - a source that we are all trying to find our way back to.

I feel our place of being is in this Source / Spirit - that which we come from.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”