Strong presence felt during meditation

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Zombiedaisy

Strong presence felt during meditation

Post by Zombiedaisy »

Let me start by saying I really hope I'm putting this in the right place... if not, I apologize!

For as long as I've always remembered, I've always been sensitive to spirits. I also have spirits who speak to me and I feel their presence quite regularly. It has never been anything that alarmed me.

Tonight, however, I will say was a feeling I haven't felt this strongly in a very very long time.

I have a permanent altar in my bedroom. I cast my circle, and was to begin meditation as planned. After casting my circle, I sat before my altar, and felt as if there was a strong presence within the entire room. Not within my circle, but I could feel it there with me. It was strong. I could feel the weight encompassing my entire body. It was such a strong presence. I felt safe within my circle however. My room was still but my elemental candles placed upon my circle flickered like crazy, as well as the pentacle that hangs above my altar that I dry herbs on, was swaying for no apparent reason (no windows open, not even the slightest of breezes.... nothing). Whatever was there with me, I did not feel entirely threatened by, but I felt so strongly and heavily, and THAT is what alarmed me. I can't even begin to describe exactly how it felt. Like as if there was a bubble around me and someone was standing as close as physically possible and trying to get my attention but there was a glass wall in the way yet I knew they were there. I haven't felt a presence this strong in a long time. How could this be? After releasing the circle, I could still feel the presence, but it felt as if it flew past me and lingered heavily within the entire room. Needless to say, I hurried and got dressed and departed the room as quickly as possible. I still feel uneasy because I can't pinpoint what I'm supposed to do. I could barely even meditate because the weight of this presence was so strong. I still feel it with me.

Anyone with more knowledge who may be able to point me in the right direction?
Oakheart

Re: Strong presence felt during meditation

Post by Oakheart »

When in doubt, banish, banish, banish.
Student of Rosicrucianism, Neoplatonism & Hermetic Kabbalah.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I have been having lengthy chat at the Traditional Witchcraft discussion site about the heavy handed, does not negotiate sensations that accompany contact with the over soul, or higher self. It is an overwhelming, non-threatening presence of our own higher level of consciousness and "weighs heavily on the spirit" as means of getting our attention. Often I experience incoming info that lays me out flat because the power behind it is huge. If I were integrated with this level of my consciousness it would be a smoother ride, but alas, the spirit rides a bucking bronco. The sensation usually out weighs seemingly trite info received, but in time, as in years later, I will understand the deep psychological symbolism of a simple message.

I can't say if what you sense is the same. Ask it?
Zombiedaisy

Post by Zombiedaisy »

SpiritTalker wrote:I have been having lengthy chat at the Traditional Witchcraft discussion site about the heavy handed, does not negotiate sensations that accompany contact with the over soul, or higher self. It is an overwhelming, non-threatening presence of our own higher level of consciousness and "weighs heavily on the spirit" as means of getting our attention. Often I experience incoming info that lays me out flat because the power behind it is huge. If I were integrated with this level of my consciousness it would be a smoother ride, but alas, the spirit rides a bucking bronco. The sensation usually out weighs seemingly trite info received, but in time, as in years later, I will understand the deep psychological symbolism of a simple message.

I can't say if what you sense is the same. Ask it?
You make a very valid point and one I did not even consider. Quite honestly, even though it was an overwhelming and almost smothering experience, I didn't feel all that threatened by it. There was just this sense of..... urgency...

Its so hard to describe. I attempted to describe it to my husband, who i for sure thought was going to think I was crazy but he thankfully, he didn't. He however, wants me to smudge the house today.

Trying to collect my thoughts and feelings on it now that I've had a nights rest, the best way to put it is an overwhelming and smothering sense that I need to open my eyes. Not physically per say but because there's something I need to see or understand. Although utterly overwhelming, I don't feel threatened (i was quite startled by the feeling last night however just how quickly and strongly it came on). It just felt so urgent. Like "hey, look at me, listen to me, acknowledge me now... i'm here and don't ignore me".
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Yup, that is what I'm talking about.
Oakheart

Post by Oakheart »

It could very well be an inner plane contact.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Terminology explanation, puhleeze. our frame of reference is different, so our jargon is unique to the paths we traveled. Did we just say they same basic thing in different words?
Oakheart

Post by Oakheart »

Yeah, yeah, different jargon. Inner plane contact is another phrase for spirit guide, cosmic master, secret chief. They all mean the same thing. A discarnate spirit of great wisdom that seeks to guide & teach, for whatever amount of time.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

:D thanx, I mean it.
Zombiedaisy

Post by Zombiedaisy »

Thank you ladies. Since this happened, I've been working with guided mediation to make contact with my spirit guide. It has done wonders! I've never felt more connected during meditation since this happened and I feel like I've been able to open myself up to this "presence". As strange as that may sound to some :D
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Glad to hear it. Not strange at all.
wiccanii
Banned Member

Post by wiccanii »

As I was reading your first post, about half way through I felt the presence, although on a slightly smaller scale. ...When I typed that sentence, I felt it again, heavier. It was kind of terrifying because of how sudden it was, but my gosh that was...I haven't felt presences in a while, but that one was absurd. It's shocking that I was able to feel it purely through reading your experience, and I'm slightly unsettled now. Though, I'm sure it means no harm.
Oneiroi
Zombiedaisy

Post by Zombiedaisy »

That is strange! I've still felt it with me since this happened. My meditations have been different as well to and when I cast a circle, there's just a difference than there was ever before.
creativemind243

Post by creativemind243 »

This almost sounds like something I experience when I meditate. I go into that seemingly trance-like state and then I feel like something else is there. Like, the energy does seem to get quite heavier. Although I've never really thought much about it until now.. Interesting.
There is a battle of two wolves inside us; one is evil, It is jealousy, greed, and lies. The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, kindness, and truth. The one that wins?
The one you feed.
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

I think your spirit guide is trying to make their presence felt!

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”