A lingering spirit?

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
chocokitty

A lingering spirit?

Post by chocokitty »

Hello, everyone! I just want to quickly apologize in case I get any terminology wrong or anything -- I'm super new to everything!

So, I posted in my introduction that I've only recently begun to ascribe to identify my beliefs as Wicca, due to being personally attacked by a spirit I believe suffered nearby, and finding that Wicca helped me and this poor spirit. With the help and support of my partner and our friend, we helped cleanse the spirit and send it on its way. I also discovered that all the women in my family history have been sensitive to spirits, but it's only now that they've felt relatively comfortable enough to open up to me about their experiences as well.

That being said, since cleansing the distressed spirit, I've still been seeing things. Namely, what I continuously mistake for my cat before realizing that all my animals are otherwise in sight, nowhere near the fuzzy black shadow-like shape I keep seeing jumping on boxes, the mantle piece, and a chair. Only once (today, in fact) I've heard what I thought was my cat mewing, but my partner (who was in the room) reported that they did not hear it and pointed out that the cat was sitting beside me. This contrasts to the fact that the distressed spirit only once communicated through visual with me -- the rest was all audio. My mother, who has just recently opened up to me about her experiences with spirits, thinks that what I've been seeing is the spirit of my childhood cat who was put to sleep about three years ago, now connected to that of my dog and acting as her protector, as while my dog stayed with my mother, she also saw the shape behaving similarly and would smell him.

So I might be rambling, but it all seemed relevant. My question here is if we cleansed our entire apartment, is it possible that a protector spirit chose to stay instead? I don't mind him being here at all, it's a bit comforting knowing my kitten has someone to look up to! :D What are other thoughts on this? Could it be my childhood cat? Thanks to everyone who has any input!
jimhanoverfist

Re: A lingering spirit?

Post by jimhanoverfist »

In China they attracted spirits with altars of burning incense and plates of food then they blow them up with fireworks.

Sent from my B1-760HD using Tapatalk
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I have cat spirits that hang around. Sometimes they even travel with me. It sounds like the cleansing was specific to one spirit, so that wouldn't necessarily preclude other spirits. I think it's your kitty continuing to be with you, even though she isn't in the physical plane anymore.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SleepyOwl

Post by SleepyOwl »

I once tried a little divination and the spirit told me that he was my cat from when I was much younger. I did multiple rounds of the same question and got the same answer everytime. I thought it was quite nice to think my kitty never left me.

Sleepy

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”