Pointing

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
dreadedpsychopomp

Pointing

Post by dreadedpsychopomp »

I slept for a long time, and this morning when I woke up at about 4, I saw something that has been puzzling me since. I rolled over, checked the time (exactly 4:20 am), and looked at the wall. On the wall, I saw shadows move until it became what looked like a very strongly built man with curved horns facing down, pointing out the sliding glass door. I said something to the effect of, "I'm not going to guess, so if you have something to say, just tell me." LOL I was half asleep so didn't feel like beating around the bush.

He stayed there for at least half an hour while I lied there, trying to figure it out. Then after I got up and took a shower, it was gone.

Aside from a very interesting hypnagogic hallucination, do any of you have ideas as to what that might be about?
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Re: Pointing

Post by Starwitch »

I'm just surprised you know the term "hypnagogic hallucination". It's obvious you've done some research into this.

Sorry, I don't really have anything meaningful to offer.
dreadedpsychopomp

I see a lot of things in the hypnagogic state so I've done research about it. Usually they do have meaning for me and I think a lot of so called hallucinations in this state are real. At least, it seems that way considering how many people see common hallucinations, like giant spiders. I think that the state between wake and sleep is simply when it's more possible to see what is there but not always within our awareness. :)
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I believe that too. In the past, I've gone back and forth, believing the scientific vs. paranormal explanations, but now I'm fully persuaded that a lot of what goes on is paranormal in nature. I've had a lot of so-called "hallucinations" too, and some of them are just too unexpected and bizarre for me to believe it's being created out of my own brain.

I rewatched this episode of Ghostly Encounters last night... this woman's story is a perfect example of why sleep paralysis and the attacks that often come with it are likely to be paranormal occurrences. She had two guests experience "the old hag" while sleeping over at her place. She was also able to find a cure for her problem by going through a shamanic ritual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaMuNZjcmtg
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I've had hypnagogic and hypnopompic myself for most of my life. I've never really been afraid of them, unless I "see" bees or spiders in bed with me, then all bets are off. :P
From what I remember from studying these phenomena a bit, I believe they aren't much more than part of a sleep disorder or even stress induced. One of the steps I take against strange dreams and hallucinations is to not watch tv right before bed. It also helps to not have the tv on while you're asleep. I've been known to start hearing the tv while I'm still sleeping. It's disconcerting to hear the Spongebob theme song in my dreams. :evil:
Maybe you could go over what you seen or did before bedtime to help you look for answers as to why you had this particular hallucination.
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

dreadedpsychopomp wrote:I slept for a long time, and this morning when I woke up at about 4, I saw something that has been puzzling me since. I rolled over, checked the time (exactly 4:20 am), and looked at the wall. On the wall, I saw shadows move until it became what looked like a very strongly built man with curved horns facing down, pointing out the sliding glass door. I said something to the effect of, "I'm not going to guess, so if you have something to say, just tell me." LOL I was half asleep so didn't feel like beating around the bush.

He stayed there for at least half an hour while I lied there, trying to figure it out. Then after I got up and took a shower, it was gone.

Aside from a very interesting hypnagogic hallucination, do any of you have ideas as to what that might be about?
Well if it were me... I'd interpret that the 4:20 meant I was too stressed & was in the need of some vegatational healing.... (but that's just me)
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
dreadedpsychopomp

Hehe, good answer. :P I never did figure it out but oh well.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Hilarious, DP! :) :wink:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

DPhoenix wrote:Well if it were me... I'd interpret that the 4:20 meant I was too stressed & was in the need of some vegatational healing.... (but that's just me)
Blorf! Bwahahahah!! :lol: omg ...DP, that actually was my first thought too, but didn't want to say so. smiley_dance
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

firebirdflys wrote:
DPhoenix wrote:Well if it were me... I'd interpret that the 4:20 meant I was too stressed & was in the need of some vegatational healing.... (but that's just me)
Blorf! Bwahahahah!! :lol: omg ...DP, that actually was my first thought too, but didn't want to say so. smiley_dance
BB, FF
I was trying to be... politically correct and didn't want anyone to think that we endorse such things... :wink:

My personal thoughts on such things is that it's silly to make it illegal yet alcohol is legal. But that's a rant for a different thread.
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
dreadedpsychopomp

I agree. Maybe the message was to relax, enjoy, and get outside already. Yep, I think I'll go with that. ;)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yeah, it could be a whole new way of looking at those numbers...whether you partake in the.. eh-hem... aforementioned green healing or not, going to a place that is peaceful and calm ...and green. Because healing does occur in the spectrum of GREEN. Granted, now that is is winter a green place may be harder to come by, but the outdoors in general, where Green happens is still good.
I was thinking about the message this shadow was trying to convey. Is there something that you are holding back? This phenom occurred on Thanksgiving eve (right?), was there folks in your life down for the Holidays?....maybe ones that you need to tell something to? and are maybe having a difficult time finding the words? That's all I can think of...otherwise hit the outdoors :D ...I'll see you on the trail, I'm going to go to the creek tomorrow smiley_dance
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
dreadedpsychopomp

Awesome response, firebird. :)

There weren't relatives staying over, but yes I was holding a lot inside. Emotions, resentment, things I think about... all sorts of stuff that people generally hold inside. I was also resisting certain spiritual stuff and thought patterns at the time out of fear and a sense of betrayal.

So I'll ponder this some more. Thanks so much. :)

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”