Magicka School Online

Share and discuss pagan music, TV shows, movies, and websites. You may offer your occult/witchcraft-related services here.
Pinkpower_80

Magicka School Online

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Has anyone else used this? If so (even if you haven't lol) what are your opinions on this site? I read in another thread that another member is using it too.
I'm doing the free courses, which is what appealed to me. I was wishing for something like this & it just randomly popped on for me on a search for something else. :)
Right now I'm on the 1st lesson of Wicca Revealed plus I'm taking the Beginner Tarot course.
Wicca Revealed is a year and a day long course with monthly exams on 12 different lessons. If you score well (I think it's above 63%) on all of the lessons then you get a certificate of completion.
Beginner's Tarot is a 12 week long course with an exam every 2 weeks. My exam for my 1st lesson should be ready tomorrow.

They do offer the chance to upgrade & buy their books etc but its not really a necessity in order to get the most out of & complete the course.
m_apollo8239

Re: Magicka School Online

Post by m_apollo8239 »

I think I remember trying one of these websites a few years ago. trying to switch to paperless in my esoteric studies, with slim to none results. My majority of knowledge has come over the years from treasured works written by Scott Cunningham, Raymond Buckland, Doreen Valentine, and Silver Ravenwolf (to name a few) geared toward Solitaries. There's something so organic and magickal about a good ol' paper book that can't be beat. I like to hit the web as a sorta "filler". and to access tools I wouldn't normally have (without the internet). like I learnt last night the new moon on Oct 5 will be in Libra. and that the thing growing in my backyard is actually a yellow bird of paradise (Caesalpinia gilliesi) and not an Acacia like I thought! (and that it's actually poisonous :surprisedwitch: ) thanks internet!
:fairy:
Blessings!
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

I do agree that nothing beats having a tangible book! I don't have any but I do have a great library of e-books. I've been studying Buckland's book too.
I like the fact that Magicka School does exams. So far I've taken exams on the 1st 2, on Beginner Tarot as well as the 1st Wicca Revealed lesson. I made 100% on Tarot but I accidentally hit the wrong answer twice on Wicca Revealed so I got an 88% lol. I was so mad that I did that because I knew the answers lol.
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

Ive read over the site and I find nothing wrong with it. However I personally feel the best way to learn is by a good fashioned book and just research on what interest you as their are so many various aspects to Wicca, Witchcraft, Paganism etc.
lilmizsunshine727

Post by lilmizsunshine727 »

I've used magicka school myself, as well as tangible books. I honestly prefer books, but magicka school did teach me a couple of neat things :)
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. -William Shakespeare

Return to “Websites, Media and Services”