Irrational Fear of Reincarnation

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Adiens

Post by Adiens »

I have always believed in reincarnation and past lives. However, the idea of reincarnation used to scare the daylights out of me. Even if someone had just brought it up in passing, I would feel instantly uncomfortable.

Since then I've learned not to be so "freaked out" by the idea as I really had no concrete reason why I was, and as I said it was something I always believed in. Now I can even hold conversations about that topic without wanting to jump out of my skin. Though the topic still makes me feel uncomfortable.

I'm suspecting something bad must have happened to me in past life (maybe my most recent one?).

The idea of past life regressions has always intrigued me as well as scared me. I found out my local magick shop offers past life regressions. I want to attempt to get this done, but I'm so nervous.

Has anyone ever gotten one done?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! <3
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Irrational Fear of Reincarnation

Post by SnowCat »

I've not had a formal regression done, but I've had glimpses of past lives. My concern with a regression would be the interviewer asking leading questions that could cause false memories. I don't think I would do it if I felt uncomfortable about it. That's just me though.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Adiens

Post by Adiens »

Yea, the leading is another thing that I'm also worried about. I guess my curiosity will just have to keep quite until/if I ever feel comfortable getting it done.

Thanks for your input :)
EnchantingStoker

Post by EnchantingStoker »

I still somewhat have the fear of reincarnation despite thinking of it as something that's interesting. I think it's because the idea that I had different families and different friends and a whole other life makes me sad but also that if I do reincarnate again then the people I have in this life will not be with me in the next and I'll never see them again which terrifies me. But part of me likes to think that because we choose how we reincarnate that maybe the family and friends I have now will somehow find their way back to me in the next life.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Maybe they would do a past life reading rather than a regression. It leaves you out of the emotional exchange. A regression takes a trained hypnotist, and can be emotional, even though you are like a third person observer. Check it out on you-tube and see how some handle it. There's bound to be something about the subject. The more you know, the easier it will be to decide if that is something that will serve your best interests.
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

I wouldn't do something so serious if I was worried. And especially if I didn't know the therapist VERY well.

Also, I've heard that we tend to meet the same souls in various lives.

When I was about 6 years old I got into some kind of trance when I told my parents that I chose them before I was born. I also told them I went to some kind of spiritual school before I was born. Parents told me that when I spoke my voice changed and I sounded as a programed robot. It was not usual way kids speak about their fantasies. I still have some blurry memories that it was a bright place with white light and there were many souls.

There were those who have just died. They were depressed and wanted to be born again so badly! In my childish vision, I saw a high wall separating those after death and those before birth. There were some kind of angelic figures with swords that guarded the wall so that no one of the dead would jump into queue waiting for incarnation.

I have no idea how I knew these things because my parents are agnostic and neither they not anyone around me spoke about such things. I didn't watch any sci-fi programme about such topics either.
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

I'm a hypnotherapist and was trained in past life regressions. Yes I would be concerned about the qualifications of the people at the magic shop. You want to make sure that they don't lead you, but also that they know how to handle a situation where something bad comes up so your not reliving a painful experience. Not to freak you out more or anything.

I would go to http://www.hypnosis.edu and find a graduate in your area. That's the Hypnosis Motivation Institute's website. They are the only internationally accredited hypnosis school and have a quality training program. I have even gone to a psychotherapist/hypnotherapist who really didn't seem to know what he was doing. Because psychotherapist don't really learn a lot about hypnosis. They get a brief run through but not as much as someone who goes just for hypnotherapy.
Adiens

Post by Adiens »

Thank you! I know it's been a while since I've been on this thread (or forum for that matter), but I truly appreciate coming back to find seeing support and answers! I have not gone through with the past life regression sessions they offer at our local magick shop mostly cause I was too nervous. Though the feeling to have one done has grown somewhat intense. I will definitely check out hypnotherpist. Thanks for the link!

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”