Do You Believe You Have Been Reincarnated?

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
LiebeUndLicht

Do You Believe You Have Been Reincarnated?

Post by LiebeUndLicht »

Right, so basically, my religion and philosophy homework is to 'find an example case study of someone who claims to be reincarnated.' Now I'm not going to use what you guys say in my homework, I just felt like I needed some inspiration. We're actually doing about Hindus right now and the teacher asked if anyone knew what reincarnation was and I was like 'Duhh! I believe in it!' except I didn't actually say that because that would be rude. So yeah I believe in reincarnation, what about you?
Not all scars show and not all wounds heal. Sometimes you never truly see the pain that someone feels.
Heartsong

Re: Do You Believe You Have Been Reincarnated?

Post by Heartsong »

I do, and I believe that I've lived several previous lives. I've had flashbacks that I can't explain in any other way, as well as some other intense experiences that hint at those lives. I also believe that my claustrophobia is due to trauma I endured in a past life.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I also believe I have been reincarnated. Although I haven't really had any flashbacks, I think my interest in Indian culture and Gods may be due to my previous living in India. Also, I believe I drowned in one of my previous lives, because there is nothing in this one that explains the strong body reaction I have when watching someone being under water (like in a movie or something) - I feel like I'm the one drowning.
So anyway, yes, I believe in reincarnation, although I haven't done much research on the subject (if you don't count reading a book by Sylvia Browne which I didn't really enjoy).
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I might be in the minority here, but I don't personally believe in reincarnation. In part, it's because I haven't personally experienced anything that would lead me to believe in past/future lives. I also don't know how such a thing would work; it doesn't fit into my cosmology (for instance, I don't believe the Goddess or the universe to be omnipotent, so I don't know by what mechanism the soul would be transferred from one body to another to be reborn). Even if such a mechanism did exist, I don't know if I would consider someone who doesn't have my memories from my experiences would be ME, per se ... Even if some part of me did go on to become another person, I wouldn't consider them to be me. I guess I just don't view the soul that way as an essential part of my personhood that if it were transferred to another time and place without my memories, it could still resemble me in any way.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

To me reincarnation has a bit different meaning. When we die everything that we consisted of turns into something else and still exists in the universe in a different form. Let's say when I die and decay I'm going to turn into soil and give life to insects etc. Maybe this soil is going to turn into something else as the time passes by... and so on. I think that the soul is something common for every single particle in the universe so nothing (and nobody) can ever fully disappear from this world. Being made out of particles or - on a deeper level - energy, everything fluently shifts its form all the time, eternally. That's reincarnation to me ;)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I have experienced portions of several other lives. I would say that in the context of reincarnation, they are past lives, but I' not convinced that time and lives are linear as we've been taught. I tend to feel that the other lives are more like other layers of my life rather than past lives necessarily.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Siona

Post by Siona »

I have a bit of a belief in reincarnation. When I was much younger I told my grandfather about how I lived before, a few details, etc, and he wrote it all into a letter for me. I never shared the detail anywhere. In my early 20s I had a past life reading done, totally went into it just for fun, not taking it seriously, you know? Except the person hit on every single detail from the letter without a single prompt from me. It was actually a bit creepy, lol. I still have a bit of skepticism around both events, but reincarnation fits into my wider experiences in spirit and ancestor work, too, so I tend to go with it...
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

Reincarnation is real in my mind, I cannot believe
there is enough souls for all those bodies that lived.
So yeah I'm a firm believer...
I've always thought I lived in the wild western days
as Mrs. Sundance ! What a wild life that would have
been, huh ?
:flyingwitch:
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I wasn't Mrs. Sundance, but my lover and I were shot down by Pinkerton men in south Texas.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
LiebeUndLicht

Post by LiebeUndLicht »

Thanks for all your answers! I believe that your soul rests in the Summerland until you are ready to go onto a new life. My brothers are atheists so they don't believe in life after death, my mum doesn't believe in Summerland, just reincarnation, and my dad believes in what Levitating Cat said:
Levitating Cat wrote:To me reincarnation has a bit different meaning. When we die everything that we consisted of turns into something else and still exists in the universe in a different form. Let's say when I die and decay I'm going to turn into soil and give life to insects etc. Maybe this soil is going to turn into something else as the time passes by... and so on. I think that the soul is something common for every single particle in the universe so nothing (and nobody) can ever fully disappear from this world. Being made out of particles or - on a deeper level - energy, everything fluently shifts its form all the time, eternally. That's reincarnation to me ;)
Not all scars show and not all wounds heal. Sometimes you never truly see the pain that someone feels.
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I think that I'm here for at least a second time around. I haven't had any "flashes" or deja vu, but... there have been times over the last few years that I've gotten upset and told myself "I want to go home," with the belief that being "home" would make me feel better. Well, I don't think that I haven't figured out where home is yet. I've thought that home was here in the town where I was born and raised, and I've thought it was with the only family I've ever known. It seems that I'm wrong on both accounts. Heck, maybe I haven't made home yet. Or home could be nowhere and everywhere; I am a Sagittarius after all. :wink:
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

Most definitely. My biggest solid proof would be my nightmares as well as my lack of fear of Death.

When I was little, I would have vivid, horrid nightmares that, if described, would get me a one-way ticket to a psych ward; they were that bad. However, neither of my parents ever showed me scary things, told me wives tales that were made to scare little kids into behaving, etc. If we go on the assumption that dreams are just a random jumble of what we've experienced "in real life", there was no reason I should be having them. They would involve torture, chasing, dying... and I would wake up in pain where I have been hurt in the dream, occasionally with an actual wound (though those were VERY rare)!

Also, all my life (even now) death doesn't scare me. I cannot fathom the logic as to why anyone would be. Overall, this signals to me that I have been reborn several times (hence why dying isn't a big deal to me anymore) and the horrid nightmares are probably reflections from my past lives where I was either tortured for one reason or another, or died horrifically. I've had a few flashbacks from a few lives as well but they were small and brief.
LiebeUndLicht

Post by LiebeUndLicht »

Nightwatcher wrote:Most definitely. My biggest solid proof would be my nightmares as well as my lack of fear of Death.
Weird that you would mention that, because I used to have nightmares all the time as a kid, I never thought it would be related to this kind of topic. Actually I still get nightmares frequently, but I don't really think too much of them, because in the past year I have been scaring myself with horror movies until I'm not actually frightened anymore lol :roll: but I never thought any of my dreams as a child could be related to a possible past life. You've given me a lot to think about, so thank-you!
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

@LiebeUndLicht: I shy away from horror movies too. I always freak and sob horribly. *sigh* ^^;
LiebeUndLicht

Post by LiebeUndLicht »

Nightwatcher wrote:@LiebeUndLicht: I shy away from horror movies too. I always freak and sob horribly. *sigh* ^^;
Aw hahahaha. I actually really like them now xD on Halloween my friends and I are going to have a horror night and watch scary movies and tell ghost stories smiley_dance

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”