Does the thought of rebirth scare you?

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: Does the thought of rebirth scare you?

Post by loona wynd »

The way I look at it is I know that there will only ever be one Loona Wynd as I am. I will not be reborn as myself but as another person entirely with a unique ego and personality for that life. Loona Wynd will die and the personality will be a shade in the afterlife that lives as long as some one is there to remember me in some form. My fate strand or susoul will live on and another shade will be attached to it for that life. The energetic forces that make me up will live on in different forms. So it doesn't scare me. I embrace it.

I also look at it as the fact that when I die physically this body will over time become a part of the world in different forms. The energy and matter that make me up physically can never be fully destroyed it just changes forms. So whether there is an afterlife of some sort or not I know that in some way the essence of myself (physical body and energy) will continue in a different form. Its how natures works.

If you look at nature you see that the death of a tree creates a fertile ground for new plants to grow in. It provides nourishment for those that need it. Human deaths are no different in my view except that it takes longer to decay and return to the earth when buried in coffins and the like. So for me its a natural progress that while I want to make my life last as long as I can, when the end comes I know that in some manner be it physical due to the cycles of death,decay,and rebirth or spiritual part of me will live on in some form.
Siona

Post by Siona »

dreadedpsychopomp wrote:I think of reincarnation less as being about learning until we ascend for the reason of... if we're supposed to learn to ascend here, why forget most of our experience? That's like being expected to start college but Oh yeah, during an accident you forgot everything learned in kindergarten through senior year of high school but if you're lucky, you might remember little tidbits which you might not be able to trust. Oh, and good luck.
So I know I'm coming into this thread pretty late, but I thought I'd touch on the whole "why don't we remember?" bit. I'm not sure I ascribe to the whole ascending as we learn bit, but I do think we're here to have experiences, and to learn from them, and grow. Personally, I think our physical life is more about the experience and learning "small" lessons, and when we die we can spend time reflecting on the whole, the much bigger picture.

I think we don't remember our past lives for a variety of reasons - maybe we don't want to remember a gruesome death, because then we'd spend a lot of time dwelling on it, worrying about it happening again, etc. Maybe we don't want to remember the horrible acts we may have committed, because we'd be too weighed down by guilt to do anything in our new life. Maybe we don't remember so we don't know that our daughter in this life was our father in the last life, so we don't have those experiences clouding this experience. Maybe we don't remember, because then we'd find ourselves drawn to finding those people and places from our past lives, and we wouldn't move forward. There's a whole host of reasons why we might not remember past lives as we're living our current life, but I think it comes down tot he fact that it gives us the ability to move forward and focus solely on living the life we have now.

To go back to the original question, I'm not scared of the idea of reincarnation, I think it's a very exciting prospect. There SO much in this world I'll never get to experience in this one life, coming back to do some of those things would be fantastic. I may not be exactly who I am now, but that's part of the point of it all I think. It's a little weird to think about, sure, but I personally don't think it's scary. Who I was twenty years ago is different than who I am today, but I'm still me, so who I am in the afterlife or next life is still me, even if it's different than who I am at this very moment, if that makes sense.
Zili

Post by Zili »

I've been given the ability to see some of my past lives and sometimes the past lives of those around me. I've seen the good and bad and I've witnessed myself in a past life being someone I view as despicable. I'm not afraid of reincarnation, I know its coming, and I've felt my own child who I lost before she was born move on into a new life and just a few year later return to the spirit world. I have a friend who is sensitive who is in contact with my daughter (and my son I lost around the time my daughter's soul returned to the spirits). But I believe when we pass on we have a choice I believe we stand before the goddess (or god) of record keeping that we associate with and we are asked if we want to continue or rest. The soul cannot continuously travel through lives without getting a little banged up here or there so to speak and thus we are given a chance to rest and rejuvenate before the next life.
Lostseeker

Post by Lostseeker »

I wouldn't mind returning if I could keep my memories. I like the idea of starting fresh physically (long as I can remain a male).

It would be nice to be able to begin my youth again. To do things I never did. I never had a girlfriend in highschool, never got involved with people really. Should have taken advantage of some of the school programs such as electronics or acting.

So I like the idea of beginning again, getting a new chance at love and life.

Course maybe that's because of being divorced recently, I don't know.

Although, I think , after this life, I am definitely retired for a while in my Home in the Spirit realm. I need ALOT of Rest and Healing, cause I am tired. Very tired.

There is one other thought too, I would love to be born into a time and place where something such as the Federation from star trek , exists.

To live in peace with many different worlds, all in an effort to explore space. That would be interesting. Or to live in a world much like 'middle earth' from Lord of the rings.

Or if I could be a vampire, not for the blood drinking, Only to be really strong in order to protect the ones I care about in life. And I like the idea of being able to love someone forever and ever and ever. That would be Wonderful.
shatteredsouls

Post by shatteredsouls »

Frankly, I didn't think much about this. My idea of rebirth is that I wouldn't have any memories of my current life and I'll be born into a new life, probably different from this life, may experience worse or better. Whatever happens then, I can't control it now so... I think I will just focus on my present life.
Moonfire

Post by Moonfire »

Yes and no. I think the concept is beautiful because it gives you the opportunity to make advancements towards understanding and enlightenment that you may not have made before. A second chance as it were to do what you couldn't do a previous time. However while it holds the great potential to improve your soul it also holds the potential to take a darker turn.

We are not perfect and mistakes will be made as always. But given the circumstances you are put in, you can react differently and it makes me contemplate the idea of being "darkened" so to speak and setting myself back. Or even being faced with similar challenges that you could not overcome and may repeat the same mistake over again.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”