WE ARE SO SCREWED!

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Orion

Post by Orion »

Mikhael wrote:My point is you can't call it BS just because it's a theory and not a fact.
You obviously missed my own point. A small, untested theory should not be used (excuse the choice of words if you want) as 'Biblical Truth'. Usually such theories are the tools of sensationalists to push some sort of agenda.
There was a belief that too many dumb people were having children. Some well respected scientists (not particularly many, but the ones certain people found useful). People were sterilized on a few crackpot theories to keep the species pure in America. Which eventually became a tool to deal with people not liked by those with the authority. The people could believe what they wanted to believe, but that does not make it right.

Even the theory of Gravity and mathematical theorems under go constant and evaluations. So those work as poor examples to compare to a few overly quoted reports that we're all going to die, we should panic and do 'X' action. In some of these cases, it'd be roll over and die.

The end of the world theories often have the backing of notes written on a napkin. They're nothing new. Y2k also had all of this happen as well.

Oddly enough, I actually enjoy documentaries about off the wall theories. But I don't stock my bomb shelter with Spam expecting the end of the world after watching them.

We have plenty of disasters across this globe. Even a lone volcano can bring about very much end of the world looking potential like Mount Tambora's Year Without Summer. Half a dozen ways that "Science has Proven(c)" is the end of the world on the same date appears over doing it (sounds like something you'd check on snopes first). It's kind of like 'well, it seems like a prime guessing time... maybe someone will come up with the particular disaster of the year!'

If the western United States erupts into a super volcano that destroys all life as we know it, I'll admit I'm wrong for doubting it. The scientists not looking for a tv spot tend to point out, everything is fine and dandy.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.
PaganEgyptian

Post by PaganEgyptian »

"Truth" can only be factually said if it has already happened. Sorry to be busting on the bible, its not my main intent. I find no truth in the 2012 theory, only speculation. Which does provide a good bit of joy to the analytical thinkers. Not to be mis interpreted as Panic, which are pure emotional concepts.

As far as Electricity, I dont buy it. A solar storm can and has knocked out power grids, but, there are growing numbers of isolated systems, which can handle solar storms to a high extent, and, are growing in numbers in the world. Example, Solar energy with battery backup. Hydroelectric, Wind etc etc. Yes the grid will go down, but its a simple restart, when has a solar event accomplished a non recoverable situation? Never.

Communications, on the other hand, can be destroyed to a good extent, due to the requirements of Satellites in orbit.

Think Analytically, and you will see, there is no way to be panic about it.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

As a few others have said a solar storm isnt the end of the world.

A solar storm is essentially the sun "coughing" up lots of electro radiation, exactly the same stuff that forms the northern and southern lights, only a hell of a lot more. When this hits wires and circuits it is turned into electricity in the same way that the science fiction (and probably real life now) EMP bomb works, all those circuits have a MASSIVE charge of electricity flowing through them, much more than usual and like a fuse tripping the electrical components blow up, overheat and get damaged or just short circuit. On the electrical grid the big boxes you see on some pylons, transformers, get damaged to the point they stop working, so no electricity flows, or too much/too little so the blackouts begin.

This is *very* easy to fix, replace the transformers and the odd damaged wire and the power is back on. The problem is if every transformer in the world was blown its a lot of work. Though in reality the solar storm might be over before the dark side of the earth rotates into the storm, so only half the world be hit. Still a lot of work. But easy to fix.

As for the oceans boiling away and such this wont happen for a very long time, when the sun swells up to a red giant, and at that point the lack of water will be the least of our worries. The irritating lap of molten rock at our ankles would be of more concern!

The sun does however have phases (the 11 year cycle) of peaks and troughs in solar activity, and i think it is noticeable on the weather on earth. But only to scientific instruments. The average joe wouldnt have any idea of the phases.

Why do prophecies have to be so negative?!
[Guardian Wolf]

Post by [Guardian Wolf] »

Ohh the electricity is going to go off! There's going to be panic! Everyone's going to die!

Really, I do know that there is going to be some panic in the suburban and urban areas if this does happen. I can see it leading the way into riots, looting and general chaos for a few days or even weeks. By the time, I will be back home in Louisiana, in West Carrol Parish.

Out of all of my friends there, we do not rely heavily on electricity or general commerce, yet we still have a decent standard of living. One of my best friends loves handicrafts and makes all of her blankets, pillows, soap, shampoo and everything herself. I have another friend, a 60 year old Voodoo Priest, that still does traditional metalwork by hand. He builds whole sets of kitchen knives from scrap metal.

Me, I'm a farmer. I can grow cotton, corn, apples, and tons of other crops if it all goes south. I am not worried.
Hiddencast

Post by Hiddencast »

my opinion

god. he is real

unicorns are real

2012 is real......right. its what people beleave. i wish to NOT think this. im 16, starting callage soon. in about a year. i want hope, not fear!

i have yet to find my birth sissters
[color=#004000]~Krissie[/color]
bluecedargrove

Post by bluecedargrove »

Okay, here are my thoughts. Sure Yellowstone is a super volcano, sure it could errupt and it is one of prehaps a dozen super volcanos around the world that could go off at anytime or they might all lie dormant for another 10000 years. Solar storms or pole shifts could devastate the worlds magnetic field and atmosphere, we could be hit by an asteroid etc. etc. All these things make great TV shows, but I don't believe anyone of them is the problem. I think that the problem is the way that we have chosen to live outside of nature. Our consumption of natural resources, and pollution of our environment has probably passed a tiping point and we now have to make a choice, we can continue along this path and drive ourselves to the brink of extinction or we can bring ourselves more in line with nature. I believe that this is what 2012 is about. I hope that this is the time that a significant portion of this planet's population will return to nature. The alternative is that mother nature will bring us down.
AfootFuzzball

Post by AfootFuzzball »

I don't worry about what's going to happen in the future. If we lose all electicity in 2012, so be it. Live life for now.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.---------- Ralph Waldo Emerson

=====Carpe Diem=====
blackwavy

Post by blackwavy »

The world is not going to end and we won't die of starvation. Man has always found a way to survive even without electricity.

In 2012, is a dawning of a new age. Also, there's is going to be a dimensional shift. We will no longer be in the third dimension. That's what they say.

I cannot say that the waters will dry out in three. Things like that happens over time. It just don't happen out of the blue. It took years for the dinosaurs to die out.

The only way for life to end on this planet, something from space hits our planet--or any other incident.
Xal

Post by Xal »

blackwavy wrote:The world is not going to end and we won't die of starvation. Man has always found a way to survive even without electricity.

In 2012, is a dawning of a new age. Also, there's is going to be a dimensional shift. We will no longer be in the third dimension. That's what they say.

I cannot say that the waters will dry out in three. Things like that happens over time. It just don't happen out of the blue. It took years for the dinosaurs to die out.

The only way for life to end on this planet, something from space hits our planet--or any other incident.
5th dimension here we come woooooo! :D :D :D :D :D
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
[SILVERCROSS]

Post by [SILVERCROSS] »

This 2012 intrigues me beyond belief.........

This year has every sort of possibilities beginning right from Solar flares to Pole shifting and galactic orientation.........I need to tell here that Human Civilization can endure one mishap not all, the ever rising population would be out control.Erratic and random incidents would create so much anxiety and fear and panic, that there would be everything from cannibalism to nuclear things.

I hereby list some facts, since the year 2000, the first portal of our solar system for alignment has opened, since then every kind of earth quake is occuring now and then, the latest being at Haiti.The Gigantic Tsunami that shook the coastal areas of the greater part of earth all of a sudden.Dormant Volcanoes fuming here and there.Growth in terrorist activities and all........in a matter of just 9 yrs too much is happening to fast.That includes Global warming,Copenhagen and disagreement and to add to it a winter in Northern Hemisphere that is a wee bit colder than other times.(Here is the point that the Earths pole has changed by some minutes owing to the Tsunami).
The year 2012 is a stepping stone to opening of second portal and is starting of the process of galactic alignment.We need to prepare for a longer process of endurance. :)
ARCHANGEL
Purple_wind
Banned Member

well...not really

Post by Purple_wind »

Velusia wrote:We could eat twinkies! Those things never go bad!
Actually I watched an unwrapped (a TV show about how foods are made) and Twinkies go bad fourteen days after they are made. Sucks huh? We could just plant gardens before it starts. ^_^ but I know what really happens in 2012. I will post a new subject on it soon.
Wintry8

Post by Wintry8 »

Personally I dont think the world is gonna end. A major natural disaster that will affect all countries, sure... A shift in the plates of the planets, of course. Everything points to it. The earthquakes in haiti and chile, the mudslides in that other place, the freak changes in weather we have had the past few months. You know regions in S.A havent seen a sunny day in weeks, just rain and then more rain. We have had temperatures that hit through the roof one minute and then the next an ice cold rain storm with temperatures hitting below 15 degrees celcius.. we experience all four seasons twice in the matter of a day. This isnt even speaking of the weather reports of other countries I see on the news everyday. And really if you think about it, its our own fault... So we should all just grow up and accept the consequences of our actions... Mother nature is pissed off, she wants to purify the land. Nothing we can do about it..
Xal

Post by Xal »

The earthquake shifted the Earth's axis slightly.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -days.html
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
icebunny

Post by icebunny »

Living simply without electricity is not hard. We will still have gas, water, solar power, etc. Doesn't sound like that big of a deal.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

icebunny wrote:Living simply without electricity is not hard. We will still have gas, water, solar power, etc. Doesn't sound like that big of a deal.
If you are intuned with mother earth you will have no problems. Even more so if you do good in your life.

Everyone who is trying to grow and are open to these new ideas floating around shouldnt have much of a problem. It's all of those people who are covered in darkness and stuck in their ways who will.

Have love, and seek to help others. Do not fear because that is also part of the problem. Sorry if this sounds like it was directed to you icebunny. Haha. It's for everyone.

Much love,
Y0m
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”