Cures or Treatments of Common Warts

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Thanks for the correction on the vitamin. And yes, I agree, we are extremely lucky not to be living in THAT guy's body!!

Happy Halloween and Samhain everyone!

Bright Blessings,
Keitha Paige

Re: Cures or Treatments of Common Warts

Post by Keitha Paige »

Well I have a mammaw that had a wart
on her head and she went to the doctor
and it removed it never came back but she
did get one on her hand a few year later
(oww)
WhiteOne

Post by WhiteOne »

Ok, this is an old thread, but I thought this info might help anyone who is trying to get rid of warts.
Most of the conventional wart removal stuff relies on these principles for these reasons:
1) Acid to irritate the skin, possibly to destroy wart tissue, but mostly to get the immune system (the wart's actual cure) to come in and suppress the virus.
2) Some cover to deprive the wart of oxygen--most of them need oxygen.
3) Vitamins and other immune enhancers.
Warts are caused by viruses--you will always have the virus once you get it, but the idea is to get your immune system to recognize it and suppress it. So, having a strong immune system helps. Also, there are vaccines, for certain types of HPV, that children can get in order to prevent cervical cancer in women.
Starwitch Stone

Post by Starwitch Stone »

Thank you, WhiteOne. And by the way, I moved this thread into the Herbs forum. I don't know why it was in Forum Announcements.
Visit Everything Under the Moon for Love Spells, Money Spells, & Wicca Spells.
aillilek

Post by aillilek »

Don't laugh - but pee on it when you have a shower !!

Seriously, this actually works. The 'ingredients' in pee is the best to get rid of them, give it a good soak for a week or two and you should have results. (and I know you're laughing now)

Also - get someone to buy it off you. Ask someone to give you some money and ask to buy it (they dont actually get the wart but you 'pass' it on)

Not saying either one works for eveyone - but certainly worth a try (and always a story in the first cure!)
Emily Luna Black

Post by Emily Luna Black »

Old fourm but I was looking up some home remidies for removing warts, as I have several on my feet.

Someone said that putting nail polish (preferably clear, but coloured works fine too) on the warts and painting it back on when it chips off will cut off the air supply to the wart and it will shrink, then disapear.
This is also the idea with putting duct tape on the warts, but this method seems to be a little easier to still function with.

Also, warts are very subject to potassium, and bandaging or taping foods with high potasium, ie banana peels, potatos, or apple cider vinigar (soak in a cotton ball) on the warts and leaving it overnight, repeat over several nights until wart turns black and falls off.

Personally I'm painting on the nail polish tonight, and if that doesn't work I agree with ailliek and would use her method as a last resort, after using banana peels :)

I know these methods arn't exactly all natural, but they are probably worth a shot for anyone who would like to try them.
Adder

Post by Adder »

I had one once also when I was in my teens. I used a slice of Aloe Vera stem (from the plant itself) taped onto it. It ended up becoming drenched in the stuff and eventually disintergrated and fell off, with no scar or pain. It did take 1 or 2 months of daily application for several hours each afternoon after school and on weekends.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”