sigh...embarassing Q

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Comus

sigh...embarassing Q

Post by Comus »

This is kind of embarassing..I am addicted to chocolate. I'm not sure if it is the caffeine I'm addicted to or some other stuff in it, but yeah. I would like to stop eating chocolate...any similar substances out there that would make a less addictive replacment? I know it is not harmful but it has a lot of calories and not good for the teeth either.
Idz qaala
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

lol, I have the same problem with cheese. :shock:
Rein

Post by Rein »

Ditto on the cheese thing. :D I find pondering the universe keeps me away from the fridge. :wink:

Kayako
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

The reason that you are addicted to chocolate is because it releases endorphines in your body and they in turn make you feel good. Endorphines are realeased when we are in love, exercise for a long period of time, have accupuncture, meditate - just to name but a few. :D
If your chocolate addiction really bothers you then I would find something else to replace it with.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

I have a question for you. When you feel a craving, do you satisfy it with a basic chocolate bar (ie aero, snickers etc)? If you do then that is part of the problem.

Common candy bars that you find in the grocery or convenienve store are actually only a small percentage of cocoa mass (the fats and solids that make up real chocolate). The rest is sugar and preservatives. They do this so the candy has a shelf life in hot places.

The best way to satisfy the craving is to get a piece of homemade (preferably dark) chocolate from a specialized chocolatier that makes their product by hand. Typically they use better quality ingredients and they have a far higher percentage of cocoa mass. Now, when you eat the chocolate, you get more flavor and more real chocolate in a far smaller piece. Then you also don't get a craving as fast because you've properly satisfied the first one.

Works for me!
Suki1016

Post by Suki1016 »

You could also try finding some thing you really like to do. I have this thing where I eat and eat and eat. I'm litterally addicted to food, but I have many passions in life. Reading will keep me away from the fridge for hours! And I love it too. Nothing better than a good book! If you occupy yourself you might find that your mind doesn't even touch the thought of chocolate. :D
The world seems not the same
Though I know nothing has changed
It's all my state of mind
I can't leave it all behind
I have to stand up to be stronger---Pale by "Within Temptation"
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

That's a good idea, too.
cascade09

Post by cascade09 »

I was converting my BOS and I found this spell, if you'd like to try it. I'd try what everyone else sugested first, though. :D

Mirror Binding (banishing bad habits)
You Need:
A small piece of white paper
A Pen
Two mirrors
Yellow yarn
wooden box or paper bag

Instructions:
on a small piece of white paper, write an exact description of your problem. Keep it short. Example...

I hold onto the past. I hold onto the past until it dominates my present and clouds my future.
OR
I overeat. I over eat and love food to the point that I no longer love myself.

These words should describe your problem now. Place the paper between two mirrors. Make sure the reflective sides faces each other. Tie the mirrors together with yellow yarn and put it into a wooden box or paper bag. Place in a secret spot or bury it far from where you live. Every time you find yourself slipping back into the habit, remember and be strong.

Hope that helps!
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Just something to add to your spell, cascade.

Don't forget to visualize your bad habit or problem leaving you and entering the paper as you write. You could treat the pen as a wand and use it to focus your energy and direct it into the page. I know that probably didn't need to be said, but it'll really help you imprint your desired change onto your subconscious as well. I find that's important when trying to banish something. (well, it's always important but definately so here)
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Sercee wrote:Just something to add to your spell, cascade.

Don't forget to visualize your bad habit or problem leaving you and entering the paper as you write.
An excellent point Sercee and the most important factor in spell work.
And I'm very glad you did mention it as I find a lot of the time it's better not to presume that somebody will know something.
:D
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

I just worry about all the people that think saying a few words, waving your hands and making a pretty smelling craft will be the spell. They don't understand the will and energy involved.
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

Chocolate is the best food ever.I also agree that if your getting the store bought bars then its probly not the chocolate your addicted to, but what ever the other contents of the candy bar is.

Try going to one of the candy stores that make there own chocolate, there are a fue in my area ( i try to stay away from them....but how can you!?!) Or if the reguler stores carrie it, look for a bar with the % of cocoa on it, like bitter sweet is something like 70% cocoa and just read the ingredence and kinda try and find a better/purer ingredence.

I am trying to find a recipie for home made chocolate, with no luck. But here is a link to information about chocolate.

http://www.chocolate.org/
Merry Part
~Addalaide
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Mmm Chocolate... forgot!

This is the web site of my favorite chocolatier in Edmonton. He makes a 'single origin' milk chocolate that is actually 70%! It's so good...

Not like this is helping the chocolate addiction thing...
A_light_on_the_water

Post by A_light_on_the_water »

well if you're still interested I have a spell from the romanies in 'the good spell book'...

"this spell makes it amazingly easy to stop eating sweets
take a peice of cake, cookie, or a chunk of chocolate- whichever sweet you're trying to banish from your life- and bury it in a pot or in a garden.
plant three cloves of garlic on top. The cloves will purge you of your cravings by the time the garlic has grown."

yah well it may take a while before your final craving is over, seeing that you hafta let it grow and all.. but without a doubt, this book has given my great confidence in most spells. good luck =]
A_light_on_the_water

Post by A_light_on_the_water »

sercee: yes I understand what you mean by the energy and will. But I think, well at least with my experiences, that simply knowing that by doing the spell it will work... Is a good way to practice also.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”