I want to start a little garden

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Wendy

I want to start a little garden

Post by Wendy »

I've never really gardened before, only when I was young, and with my grandma. She'd teach me things here and there, and I mostly just grew carrots.

I want to start a little garden in my room since I currently live in an condo and my balcony is a mess and doesn't get a lot of sun. My room gets a lot of sun, though. I was thinking of setting up something on my dresser.

What are some beginner plants I should grow?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: I want to start a little garden

Post by SpiritTalker »

From your description of the indoor space you have to work with, any of the pre-packaged herb kts will work. They come with the starter growth medium mix that serves as dirt, pots and seeds. There are salad herb & cooking herb kits. Basil & sage are usually good starters. If you want veggies, radishes and carrots can be grown indoors in buckets. Nothing is easier than a Chia Pet kit. Seeds can be temperamental to start in open containers. Using a makeshift terrarium is better, as it keeps the soil evenly moist and warm. Any clear top covered container can serve...like the plastic boxes some baked goods come in from the store, or fast food salads.

If you don't want to wait for seeds to grow, then start with already established plants from a garden center. It takes the guess work out. Google some container garden sites for tips.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”