Pests in your Gardens??

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
[Kristin]

Pests in your Gardens??

Post by [Kristin] »

Here is a tip for those gardeners who get pests in their plants. This generally happens for me during spring and summer.
Shove a garlic clove in the dirt surrounding your plant. It is a natural pesticide.
If the garlic should sprout, just yank it out and replace it with another clove.
Bigger plants require more garlic. Use your judgement on this one.
Save money and not have to mess with nasty pesticides!!!
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

This is a GREAT tip Steel magnolia, I actually leave the Garlic to continue growing and replant new bulbs about once a month. :D
[Kristin]

More about garlic....

Post by [Kristin] »

Don't mean to ramble on about garlic, but did you know there are male and female garlic plants??? If you can find a male plant, put three cloves of garlic in your purse or carry them around with you. There is no garlic smell in the male plant. These are known for being used as protection from negativity throughout the day.
Mine were given to me by a friend....kind of hard to find. But they should last for months. Mine have survived what seems like forever...which irks my friend to no end. Hers seem to dry out quickly. But she lives in a household where there is alot of animosity, fights and whatnot. We decided that it could be a factor.
Am done rambling on about garlic now...moving along
Nyte_Wytch

Post by Nyte_Wytch »

steelmagnolia said:
Am done rambling on about garlic now...moving along

Your not rambling, just educating, which is a good thing ;o) Now-to moving along I have an established bat colony on my property. With bats--pests are not an issue any longer as they are the bats food source. I got the idea from a friend of mine. Where I live mosquitos are HORRIBLE and it was costing a lot money each spring/summer to keep the pests at bay while outside, not to mention the money spent on keeping our garden bug free. I love to spend time outdoors, especially in the evenings and I entertain a lot. The bats are not a problem at all and I have never been bothered by them. At dusk you can see them flying around and they swoop down to the fish pond for water. The babies are something to see, they are the size of a bumblebee. Years ago I killed a bat that had gotten into my house, now after seeing them up close and understanding them better I feel very guilty for what I did....
"Shit happens and shit will continue to happen, it's what we make of that shit that really matters." -hedgewitch

"If the universe fundamentally decides what is and isn't right for you then what is the point in spell casting?" -hedgewitch
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

We have a colony of bats round where I live too. Pipistrels they are and they certainly have a good feast on the mossies round here.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”