Ylang Ylang flower

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Moon_Stone

Ylang Ylang flower

Post by Moon_Stone »

I know I've asked this before, but I think it was before Hedge was moderating (and she knows so much about all things green!)

So I thought I'd ask again, does anyone know anything more about Ylang Ylang flower other than its aphrodisiac effects?

Thanks guys! :28:
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Hello Moonstone :D

Ylang Ylang is a simply GORGEOUS Plant isn't it!
The parts of this Plant that are used are the Flowers and they have sedative and antiseptic qualities. The sedative qualities make it a good herb to use for treating stress, anxiety and insomnia - you can make an infusion for this.The essential oil has a soothing effect and its main therapeutic uses are to slow down a fast heart rate and to lower blood pressure but it can also be used in treating inflamed oily skin and insect bites ( though I haven't used it for this purpose before and as I'm typing I'm wondering why I haven't used it for this before!!! ) Do not take internally without having sought medical advice first!

Magically it can be used for attracting love, enhancing senuality, dispelling fear and apprehension, negative projections, gaining self worth and confidence, letting go of guilt and of course as an aphrodisiac!!!

hedge
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

WOW that sounds like a really awesom plant?? where does it usually grow? Where can i get some?? lol
**Nothing is set in stone**
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Thanks, Hedge! :28: Yes, the ylang ylang is really beautiful-- such colors in it's flowers. I think I'll burn some oil and do try some type of past life regression while I do-- ever since the first smell of this stuff (in a body wash currently), I knew that I knew it from some where or some time. Seeing as my mom never used it, I know it's not a childhood memory, so there's got to be more to it. The attraction I have to the plant and the smell is definitely odd.

Something else I found on the internet:
"It also serves as a good antiseptic of intestinal tract, for impotence in men and frigidity in women, and for treating fevers, especially since the aroma has an invigorating effect on the elderly."

Thanks again! I'll let you know how it goes.

~BB~

(PS. Moonlit: the native country of the ylang ylang flower is the Philippines, but I'm sure you can find at least some bath salts or body wash (there's a great one at Bath & Body Works if you have one around, it's the ylang ylang myrhh combination) to try out. You could also probably find some essential oil at a health food or Wiccan supply shop too.)

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”