Calming Herbs

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
raynelae

Calming Herbs

Post by raynelae »

These herbs are great to help one stay calm...
Mild: borage, Roman chamomile, hyssop, lavender, red clover, lemon balm.

Moderate: Mugwort,St. John’s wort, chamomile, pasqueflower, skullcap, vervain.

Strong: California poppy, hops, wild lettuce, passionflower, Jamaica dogwood, valerian.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
scaravich

Re: Calming Herbs

Post by scaravich »

Jasmine is great, too. I would put it in the 'moderate' category, I guess, if I had to categorize them this way.
abdul

Post by abdul »

raynelae wrote:These herbs are great to help one stay calm...
Mild: borage, Roman chamomile, hyssop, lavender, red clover, lemon balm.

Moderate: Mugwort,St. John’s wort, chamomile, pasqueflower, skullcap, vervain.

Strong: California poppy, hops, wild lettuce, passionflower, Jamaica dogwood, valerian.
How do you use these herbs? you cook and eat them, chew them, boil and drink them, burn them or what? to someone who doesn't know anyone I mean what are the instructions?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi abdul ...generally speaking these herbs are used in teas, or aromatherapy. :fairy: But they could be chewed, cooked, bundled, stuffing for poppets, used as incense and in some cases smoked.
When you burn herbs in magical work you are looking to bring the essence or energy of the plant to your working, and sometimes that isn't always pleasant smelling.
Say you are wishing to cast a spell that helps you sleep ..(for instance)..
then you might want to smell a passion flower, make a tea of valerian, burn some poppy on a coal, stuff a poppet with hops and put it under your pillow, maybe smoke a puff of mugwort...
does that make sense?
blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Yes, Firebird is totally right. I would suggest getting some nice essential oils. You can use them for healing and they work good for magick too. Firebird made a post about the difference between essential pils and scented oils. If you take that route, check out her post. :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”