The Sleep Herb

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
skyslide

The Sleep Herb

Post by skyslide »

Damiana is used frequently for lucid dreaming, but can also be used to induce sleep and dreams (not lucid). I do not know of any poisonous properties if any sort, but I used it twice and a friend of mine uses it frequently.

If you need to dream, lucid or not, but can't manage it on your own, boil some damiana in a pot of water and strain into a cup. Drink before bed and dream away!
Twine
Banned Member

Re: The Sleep Herb

Post by Twine »

If you can make one, I'd recommend mixing mullein and mugwort and smoking it (with a filter, as mullein has 'hairs' that can be irritating). I just roll the tobacco out of the cigarette and stuff it full with the herbs I want. It makes you a bit woozy, but it barely feels like you're smoking anything. Also great for dreams, but not always GOOD dreams.
skyslide

Post by skyslide »

Mugwort was also on the list of the friend who told me this, as well as passion flower, valerian, and skull cap. I'm not sure about any of those, so be sure to research them thoroughly before using because my friend is known for usig hallucinagens and drugs of some sort.
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

Mugwort isn't necessarily hallucinogenic. I just smoked some. It makes you a bit light-headed and gives you a VERY light high, but it does indeed make your body feel completely different. Easier to feel the Spiritual World, for me.
skyslide

Post by skyslide »

Okay, so mugwort is safe. I believe that was in the tea he made for me and it was fine. But read about the others j posted before using them.
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

Mugwort can irritate the stomach if taken in too great an amount over a long period of time. It contains thujone (I think that's what it's called), which is toxic. But then again, it's also found in some mints and oregano, so, as long as you don't like.... Drink it steadily for 3 weeks, I think you should be okay. XD
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

Passionflower, Skullcap, and Valerian are all safe and do help with sleep issues and alleviate depression so does St. Johns Wort. I drank a cup of St Johns Wort Tea last night. I'd like to mention though you dont "boil" the herbs though you "steep" herbs. This means that the water gets almost to the point of boiling and then the herbs are added and you let them steep in the hot water for around 3-5 minutes not on the heat.

Just like with regular tea you dont boil water your supposed to get the water almost to boiling and then pull it off and let the tea steep.
DreadXCrow

Post by DreadXCrow »

:D thanks you guy meaning i can have my nightmares and dreams again :D i love all of you!!
White Butterfly

Post by White Butterfly »

ImageA Guide to Dream Herbs - for Vivid and Lucid Dreams

*The first herb in the list at the above link is, Calea Zacatechichi. Aka/ "Bitter Grass". Silene Capensis, the second herb, is aka/ African Dream root. All are very affective in helping with vivid and lucid dreaming. I find they're especially helpful after I've worked a spell, so as to further the powers behind my intent, in the other realms.

I would caution against long term use of any sleep aid, be it herb or over the counter chemical brands. This can throw off the bodies natural processes that allow one to come naturally to exhaustion or sleep, and distort the natural cycles within the whole system. Also, prolonged use of Valerian root can cause depression, as can St.Johns wort, used to counter depression. Remember, all herbs are medicine. Nothing to be taken lightly, just as prescription pharmaceuticals are dangerous, habit forming, etc... Herbs are no different in themselves, nor any safer because they're perceived to be plant medicine. The PDR (Physicians Desk Reference) of pharmaceutical drugs originated from herbalism. Take care when taking herbs. :)

Enjoy. Image
Ula

Post by Ula »

I tried a Mugwort/Mullien tea last night based on Twine's recommendation. Very interesting. I remember every part of the dream though. :)
White Butterfly

Post by White Butterfly »

Do you keep a dream journal?
Ula

Post by Ula »

I jot everything down I don't have a formal grimoire yet.
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

Ula wrote:I tried a Mugwort/Mullien tea last night based on Twine's recommendation. Very interesting. I remember every part of the dream though. :)
Not very tasty, is it? XD
Ula

Post by Ula »

Twine wrote:
Ula wrote:I tried a Mugwort/Mullien tea last night based on Twine's recommendation. Very interesting. I remember every part of the dream though. :)
Not very tasty, is it? XD

No :wink: but very effective.
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

^^
I do what I can.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”