What is Thyme for?

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Beothany

What is Thyme for?

Post by Beothany »

I searched this and got several results. I'd like more opinions to add to my list so I can try and improve my smarticles(yes i said smarticles)
~And So Maeve Sings~

-Beothany
WatchfulEyeTheButterfly

Post by WatchfulEyeTheButterfly »

I always think of it as a herb to relieve sorrow, there's other uses too though. Here:

~THYME~
Attracts loyalty, affection, and the good opinion of others. Wear a sprig to ward off unbearable grief or provide strength and courage when needed. Burn or hang in the home for banishing, purification, and to attract good health for all occupants. Use in cleansing baths prior to working candle magick. Use in dream pillows to ward off nightmares and ensure restful sleep. Add a thyme infusion to the bath regularly to ensure a constant flow of money. Place in a jar and keep in the home or at work for good luck.
Also Called: Garden Thyme, Common Thyme
Beothany

Post by Beothany »

yeah I got most of those but thanks for the info
~And So Maeve Sings~

-Beothany
Fernview

Post by Fernview »

I got thyme is good for peace of mind during sleep and to increase your money

Burn it on charcoal to prevent nightmares

Fold a dollar bill around thyme leaves, tie it and leave it at the cross roads during full moon to bring in money.
Beothany

Post by Beothany »

thx guys ill check that stuff out
~And So Maeve Sings~

-Beothany
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

I’m assuming that you are speaking in a magical and not a mundane sense, but just in case I’m wrong…

Look it up online under the term: Thyme, recipes

or…

Look it up online under the term: Thyme, herbal remedy.

but…

If you are indeed speaking about its magical prosperities then you really do need to decide that for yourself. There are lots of correspondences given in books that I totally disagree with. I’m not saying that the author is wrong… I’m saying that the author is right for himself, but that I connect with the herb in a different way and that I am right for myself, just as much as he is right for himself.

So, get some of the herb and live with it for a while and get a personal feel for it as a magical object and how you personally relate to it.
Taz

Post by Taz »

Thank you for that post Seren. I get so tired of people being told by authors which crystal to use for what, which colour to use for what, which herb to use for what, and that anyone who dreams about basements is repressing a dark secret....UGH! cCose your books and alert your senses!

The best advice is to figure it out for yourself, what may relax me might make you hyper, what is a sexual stimulant for me may make you grumpy....we are all such unique individuals, to be told what and how to think is just ridiculous!

Take your time, commune with colours, stones, herbs, animalsd, etc, keep a magickal diary and a dream diary and watch for patterns over time, feelings, keep track of the weather, your cycle, repeats, phase of the moon, meditate, and such. There is no hurry...may your path be one with heart, long and winding, forever an adventure! Peace!
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

Taz wrote:Thank you for that post Seren. I get so tired of people being told by authors which crystal to use for what, which colour to use for what, which herb to use for what, and that anyone who dreams about basements is repressing a dark secret....UGH! cCose your books and alert your senses!

The best advice is to figure it out for yourself, what may relax me might make you hyper, what is a sexual stimulant for me may make you grumpy....we are all such unique individuals, to be told what and how to think is just ridiculous!

Take your time, commune with colours, stones, herbs, animalsd, etc, keep a magickal diary and a dream diary and watch for patterns over time, feelings, keep track of the weather, your cycle, repeats, phase of the moon, meditate, and such. There is no hurry...may your path be one with heart, long and winding, forever an adventure! Peace!
*chuckle*

Breath Taz... That's it just Breath! hehehe

But all joking aside yes I do agree with you on this.
Taz

Post by Taz »

LOL, yup, that did come out as a rant didn't it! :lol: I am breathing now, grounding by sitting on a big rock in the sunshine, wind in my hair, the smell of the summers growth decomposing.....hugs!

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”