Grrr the Church Issue :p

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Just stay with me...
I try to be positive and most of the time I do keep that mindset. However, today I've been pushed over the edge (as with most Sundays :P)
My parents make me go to church. Every Sunday morning. I hate it...really, really despise it. Not only do I not believe in anything the church preaches, it bores me to no ends :evil:
So how can I get out of going to that hellhole (ironic lol)? Any suggestions? Prayers and energies that they'll loosen up on the church thing would be greatly appreciated. It's just gone too far and I'm sick of it...
Thanks!
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Grrr the Church Issue :p

Post by SnowCat »

It's a learning experience for you. Probably not what you wanted to hear. Try to live by your own signature line. You do have my sympathy.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Have you asked the youth pastor to talk to your parents?
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Snowcat, thanks...it's nice to know someone else has been through this. Holdasown, there isn't one of those where I go.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Maria1414

Post by Maria1414 »

You know this may sound weird, but I actually have a pull to the church to go there and stay there in silence and just take it all in with deep breaths some how even relaxes me...maybe try doing that x
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

You know Ray...I actually watch midnight mass on X-mas eve. I transpose the word the Son with the Sun, and suddenly every thing he (the Pope) is saying all makes sense. (..the Son has been born..the Sun has been born.) If you can take only the spiritual part of the sermon away with you ...then maybe it will be tolerable. Leave the rest at the door as you exit the building. The hardest part for me is preachers that yell, or get demeaning. Make it something that works for you...for now. When you are 18, I guess you will have to have a talk with your parents. Blessings dear, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Okay thanks...I mean I can relate to the loving teachings of Jesus so thats a start :)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

At my cousin's very conservative, very Christian funeral, the bible passage about "many mansions" was part of the sermon. The preacher gave his spiel about everyone who accepted Jesus as Savior would have one of those mansions. I had a different thought, that there is a place beyond this world, for members of many beliefs. That the diversity of people and beliefs is what that passage is about. I think limiting the idea of eternal life to the confines of one belief system would cripple the spiritual ecosystem.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Positive Update everyone!!!
Mom asked if I would go to church with her tonight and I said no. Then she asked again and I said no. I'm not having to go!! So lets hope things change for me for once and for all!!
Love and light :)
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Good to hear. Glad she gave you a choice.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

This is good news Ray, :D You might want to let your Mom know you appreciate her letting you make your own choice about going. Also, understand she is probably disappointed or hurt that you are not wanting to follow her faith, so be gentle with her, K?
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

I will be gentle and grateful.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

If your mom has questions about your path, answer them. Just use words and terms that she will be able to understand and relate to.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Teen Concerns”