Polyamoury

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.

Would you be polyamourous?

Yes
18%
No
50%
Maybe
23%
I LOVE three-somes Hell Yes!
9%

Total votes: 22

Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Polyamoury

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

Wikipedia defines polyamoury as;
Polyamory (from Greek πολυ (poly, meaning many or several) and Latin amor (literally “love”) is the desire, practice, or acceptance of having more than one loving, intimate relationship at a time with the full knowledge and consent of everyone involved. Polyamorous perspectives differ from monogamous perspectives, in that they reflect one or more partner's wish(es) to have further meaningful relationships and to accommodate these alongside their existing relationships.

The term polyamory is sometimes abbreviated to poly, especially as a form of self-description, and is sometimes described as consensual and/or responsible non-monogamy.

Polyamory is usually taken as a description of a lifestyle or relational choice and philosophy, rather than of an individual's actual relationship status at a given moment. It is an umbrella term that covers many orientations and modes of relationship. There is fluidity in its definition to accommodate the different shades of meaning which might be covered. Polyamorous relationships are themselves varied, reflecting the choices and philosophies of the individuals concerned,

What do you all think about having a love triangle, or more where everyone involved loves everyone else?
stormer89

Post by stormer89 »

i'll think i'll stick with just a two-person relationship. but thats me. whatever floats your boat.
blessed be.
peace and love and blessed be
~ * ~ stormer ~ * ~
LUNAAMOR

Post by LUNAAMOR »

oh heavens no im a really jelous person . so if the guy that i date i tell them first hand when they ask me out. that if they are going to go out with me its only me!!!!! and nobody else. and if they have a problem with that .
there's the door big enough for them to get out as fast as they can
:D
"Light up the Darkness" Bob Marley
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

I could do it, I often find that I want tolove more then one person, it hurts when I have to pick...
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

For me - it's fine in theory but not in practice. "I am a Jealous God, I will have none other before me "- Book of Geri, chapter one verse one. It's also two and three and four! Personal experience, of course. I couldn't do it. I think if it's for you or anyone else, I 'm not going to make judgements, but I will not share my lover with any other.
I am monogamous, unless single. I have done the rounds when single and not looking for a relationship, but I have family and I don't think it makes for a stable background when children are involved. [ Polyamory, that is] I think it's something which can work, but could get complex, if one partner falls more for one of the others than vice versa, there are many things to consider. If my partner came to me with this idea, I'd pack his bags and give him the freedom he wanted, but he wouldn't be with me again. I feel it may not be as good an idea as some say,but it is certainly more honest than taking vows to one person only and then 'cheating' on them.
LUNAAMOR

Post by LUNAAMOR »

i totally approve with you Eretik
dvirus
"Light up the Darkness" Bob Marley
kuotetsu

Post by kuotetsu »

Eretik wrote:For me - it's fine in theory but not in practice. "I am a Jealous God, I will have none other before me "- Book of Geri, chapter one verse one. It's also two and three and four! Personal experience, of course. I couldn't do it. I think if it's for you or anyone else, I 'm not going to make judgements, but I will not share my lover with any other.
I am monogamous, unless single. I have done the rounds when single and not looking for a relationship, but I have family and I don't think it makes for a stable background when children are involved. [ Polyamory, that is] I think it's something which can work, but could get complex, if one partner falls more for one of the others than vice versa, there are many things to consider. If my partner came to me with this idea, I'd pack his bags and give him the freedom he wanted, but he wouldn't be with me again. I feel it may not be as good an idea as some say,but it is certainly more honest than taking vows to one person only and then 'cheating' on them.
Thumbs up, I cannot love more than one lover. My philosophy about the topic is: First, as "some" would agree that we are jealous of other people which may be true for some. Second, for practical reasons (Except if you own a multi million company and etc.). Normally, as mundane person we live what we earn. How will we suffice the need of every five children per lover/s you have?.. And third, legal matters. Once a person caught cheating his/her partner, you are liable to undergo legal punishments by the law. Well most of what I said pertains already on marriage :D anyways, my opinion's that it's up to the person whether he/she likes to love more, as what others' say, share love to all. :D :P
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

Good gravy! at my age I can barely handle one....hehe
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Heh. I've been poly. It imploded rather spectacularly. The man in the middle was scarred for life, doomed to live like a cardboard cutout of his former self, and two best friends are now still resentful and balking of each other even after all these years.

I've seen it done well, but it requires extrordinary circumstances, or it's just having a series of f*ck buddies. Hey, some people can live like that... I can't.
AkanaAnash

Post by AkanaAnash »

It's weird that so many people would say no to this question.

Personally, I gotta go with this;

I practice free-monogamy...that is, I believe in polygamy,
but it's a lot like work...so I'll pass in my own life.
"The Prince Of Darkness is a gentleman"
W. Shakespeare
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

I just fine myself able to love more then one person. Its not lust, I know that it is love. So I guess i could, but indeed, its tricky, but perhaps very rewarding. Although your story Jcrowfoot made me giggle, you worded it the way I would. lol.
Colubra

Post by Colubra »

I think I am the only one who actually voted yes....

I don't see why someone can't love more than one individual. However, obviously to be with more than person I find it absolutely critical that all parties know about each other and agree. Otherwise it is dishonest and cruel. But I believe it can work as long as those involved work through their irrational jealousies.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

I won't lie, it was my vote that is the last category, the threesome one, that was me... lol. I'm not ashamed! rofl!
Heka
Banned Member
Location: On top of some magic rock in the middle of the desert yelling at the sky in joy...

Post by Heka »

its an interesting topic. i would be quite hapy to be in a polyamorus relationship (i voted yes, your not alone colubra). but i can see where complications could arise. but i woulnt mind trying it one day. it would be a mind opening, interesting experiecne

blesings

Heka
Blessed Be and Merry Part

Heka

~~~~~~~

Water, my blood...
Earth, my body...
Air, my breath...
Fire, my spirit...
KaidaPyralis

Post by KaidaPyralis »

I personally couldn't do it, because my idea of being in love is giving your all to someone, and having them do the same. But if all partners care for each other equally, in theory I suppose it could work.

Kaida

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”